Best selling comic series 1938-2020 (including manga)

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Posted a similar thread in the Film Room awhile back. Some thoughts:

• Golgo 13 and Case Closed are bigger than people think :ohhh:

• This new generation doesn’t want to hear it, but I’ve been saying it for the longest that X-men >>> Avengers (until Fox messed up the X-men in the movies). All the OG’s know this.

• GOAT Piece in #3 behind Superman and Batman :blessed:
That’s my pirate King :banderas:

• Speaking of Batman, I gotta finish the Long Halloween. Dope story so far.

• I wasn’t expecting Dragon Ball to drop off like that in the late 90’s. :mjcry:

• Tezuka the GODFATHER was running those manga streets with Astro Boy and Black Jack until Dragon Ball blew up.

• I feel cheated that Hunter x Hunter didn’t crush the buildings more than it did. If only it weren’t on hiatus all the time...:sadcam:

Last edited:

norfwestdc

All Star
Daps
The Avengers were nobodies before the movies dropped Spiderman, Fantastic Four and X-men were always better. MArvel did a good job rebranding them. One Piece isn't surprising it's one of the Big 3 and has been going on longer than Dragonball has.

Dragonball is the most popular and iconic anime in the west 2nd only to pokemon but One Piece is more popular in Japan. I work with kids and teens and they all like DBZ better than OnePiece. Even kids who don't like anime like DBZ. When I was locked up there were people who like DBZ but wouldn't like any other anime but DBZ.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And the king of the fukking mountain and still the champ. Superman!

Facts. Superman isn’t even my favorite character like that, but he’s on top for a reason. More people need to put respect on his name.

I’m tired of cats wanting every character to be the Punisher.

All-Star Superman (by Grant Morrison) :obama:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
blog__freeagent-and-crunch__batman-superman-ca7f9577.jpg

parallax

Superstar
Daps
The Avengers were nobodies before the movies dropped Spiderman, Fantastic Four and X-men were always better. MArvel did a good job rebranding them. One Piece isn't surprising it's one of the Big 3 and has been going on longer than Dragonball has.

Dragonball is the most popular and iconic anime in the west 2nd only to pokemon but One Piece is more popular in Japan. I work with kids and teens and they all like DBZ better than OnePiece. Even kids who don't like anime like DBZ. When I was locked up there were people who like DBZ but wouldn't like any other anime but DBZ.

i dont why this is even refuted. for the longest time the biggest avenger was the hulk, and thats because he was everywhere.

norfwestdc

All Star
Daps
i dont why this is even refuted. for the longest time the biggest avenger was the hulk, and thats because he was everywhere.

It wasn't until Brian Michael Bendies and the MCU did the Avengers start to gain crediblility. They weren't Marvel's answer to JLA they were characters that noone knew what to do with so they just hanged around each other.