Bethenny Frankel Advice To Black Women: Hire white man as the face of your business to get funding

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Bethenny Frankel Advice To Black Women: Hire white man as the face of your business to get funding. Do yall agree or disagree? This advice has been said to black entrepreneurs before. Actually Indians already do this. Hire white boys to get white boys money. Sounds like you are selling your soul to the devil.

Bethenny Frankel doesn't back down from a tough subject.

It's been a tumultuous few weeks for Frankel, the founder and CEO of Skinnygirl and reality TV star of Bravo's Real Housewives of New York City (currently airing its eighth season). Earlier this month, after she spoke at an event for women entrepreneurs, some attendees reported online that she had dispensed some questionable and offensive advice, including telling black women to hire white men to be the "face" of their companies, especially when seeking venture capital funding.

The exchange at the conference was a little more complicated than that, Frankel said when I asked her about her comments last week, during a lengthy video interview with Inc.com. Frankel recalled being asked a question by a female conference attendee who "said that people told her that she needed a white male in order to raise money. And I said, 'I find that very difficult to believe,'" Frankel said.

"I said to this woman, 'Look, I don't know your business, and I don't know if what you're saying is true. My mantra, for me, is be better than the men,'" she added. Then she went on the offensive against her critics: "Why doesn't that woman go do some work and succeed and stop making up stories about other people? That's how you succeed, by doing the work and not complaining about what you don't get."

It's a fraught topic, as the numbers suggest black women entrepreneurs face an enormous challenge when fundraising. Only 2.7 percent of VC funding goes to companies with women CEOs, according to Babson College, and the data is even worse for women of color. A recent survey from digitalundivided's Project Diane found that out of more than 10,000 venture deals funded from 2012 to 2014, just 24 went to startups led by black women. That's 0.2 percent.

But Frankel mostly dismissed the statistics. "Maybe you're saying that it is harder? So be better--be better than the white male," she told me. "You know your business, you go get the money."

Bethenny Frankel Discusses Her Controversial Advice to Black Women

Should black women do so?

Last edited:

QuavoFlow

Superstar
Daps
in this bytch like vagisil
6a00e54f8ea81b883301b8d19b79fa970c-800wi

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Yeah like people who are investing 6-7 figures won't do research :mjlol:

If you have a decent product with solid yearly increasing sales you won't have any issue getting VC funding for your startup.

Problem is no one wanted to invest in her stupid project and now wants to blame race

Last edited:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I don't like this way of thinking. What's wrong with black people owning businesses? We shouldn't have to hide our faces if our product is that good. That's a backwards move to me and just suggests the idea that black people aren't good enough to be at the forefront of their own business and ultimately leads to them getting bought out and kicked out of their own company.