Between these two regions, which has produced the best movies ever? VOTE :-)

Best produced the best movies based in their respective areas?

• NY

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • CA

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
East Coast: The Godfather (I, II & III), Shaft, Across 110th St, Super Fly, Serpico, Rosemary Baby, Dog Day Afternoon, Escape From New York, Saturday Night Fever, The Warriors, Wild Style, Superman, Death Wish ('74), Taxi Driver, Trading Places, Ghostbusters, Coming To America, Do The Right Thing, Harlem Nights, Ghost, Goodfellas, King of New York, Mo' Better Blues, Jungle Fever, New Jack City, Straight outta Brooklyn, Strictly Business, Dressed to Kill, Boomerang, Malcom X, Juice, A Bronx Tale, Carlito's Way, Above The Rim, Crooklyn, Fresh, Clockers, Money Train, Vampire In Brooklyn, Girl 6, The Devils Advocate, He Got Game, Belly, In Too Deep, The Matrix

West Coast: Car Wash, Beverly Hills Cop (I, II), The Terminator (I, II), Die Hard, Colors, Lethal Weapon, Boys N The Hood, Blade Runner, Speed, Passenger 57, Reservoir Dogs, Deep Cover, South Central, White Men Can't Jump, Menace II Society, Poetic Justice, Pulp Fiction, Friday, To Live and Die in LA, Tales From The Hood, Heat, Devil in a Blue Dress, Set It Off, A Thin Line Between Love & Hate, Jackie Brown, American History X, The Players Club, Rush Hour, Training Day

I didn't find too many good Southern nor Midwest based movies so I figure why bother including em when CALI & NY have owned the movie industry anyways :troll:

Note: These are just some of the most notable films from both coasts.

Let the voting commence :mjgrin:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Midwest: Home Alone, Barbershop, Uncle Buck, The Blues Brothers, National Lampoon's Vacation, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, John Q., Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Cooley High, Blankman, Wayne's World, The Untouchables, Losing Isaiah, Airplane!, Candyman, A League Of Their Own, The Best Man, Robocop, Action Jackson, 8 Mile, Beverly Hills Cop, The Crow, Exit Wounds, Four Brothers, Dreamgirls, The Temptations Movie, Dances With Wolves, Purple Rain, Fargo, Field Of Dreams, Mighty Ducks, D2: The Mighty Ducks, Grumpy Old Men, Grumpier Old Men, Mallrats, Major League, Major League 2, Little Big League, Rookie Of The Year, Kingpin, Tommy Boy

The South: Gone With The Wind, Porgy And Bess, Old Yeller, Roots, To Kill A Mockingbird, Black Like Me, Goldfinger, Cool Hand Luke, Easy Rider, In The Heat Of The Night, Sounder, Where The Red Fern Grows, The Outsiders, Scarface, Places In The Heart, A Soldiers' Story, The Color Purple, Mississippi Burning, Bull Durham, School Daze, Steel Magnolias, Cape Fear, Fried Green Tomatoes, JFK, The Firm, Forest Gump, A Time To Kill, Rosewood, Life, The Notebook, Ray, Hustle & Flow, ATL, Glory Road, No Country For Old Men

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
West Coast: Car Wash, Beverly Hills Cop (I, II), The Terminator (I, II), Die Hard, Colors, Lethal Weapon, Boys N The Hood, Blade Runner, Speed, Passenger 57, Reservoir Dogs, Deep Cover, South Central, White Men Can't Jump, Menace II Society, Poetic Justice, Pulp Fiction, Friday, To Live and Die in LA, Tales From The Hood, Heat, Devil in a Blue Dress, Set It Off, A Thin Line Between Love & Hate, Jackie Brown, American History X, The Players Club, Rush Hour, Training Day

...The Mack, Dolemite, Chinatown, The Karate Kid, American Me, Don't Be A Menace..., Hollywood Shuffle, Clueless, The Sandlot, Boogie Nights, Money Talks

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
Midwest: Home Alone, Barbershop, Uncle Buck, The Blues Brothers, National Lampoon's Vacation, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, John Q., Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Cooley High, Blankman, Wayne's World, The Untouchables, Losing Isaiah, Airplane!, Candyman, A League Of Their Own, The Best Man, Robocop, Action Jackson, 8 Mile, Beverly Hills Cop, The Crow, Exit Wounds, Four Brothers, Dreamgirls, The Temptations Movie, Dances With Wolves, Purple Rain, Fargo, Field Of Dreams, Mighty Ducks, D2: The Mighty Ducks, Grumpy Old Men, Grumpier Old Men, Mallrats, Major League, Major League 2, Little Big League, Rookie Of The Year, Kingpin, Tommy Boy

The South: Gone With The Wind, Porgy And Bess, Old Yeller, Roots, To Kill A Mockingbird, Black Like Me, Goldfinger, Cool Hand Luke, Easy Rider, In The Heat Of The Night, Sounder, Where The Red Fern Grows, The Outsiders, Scarface, Places In The Heart, A Soldiers' Story, The Color Purple, Mississippi Burning, Bull Durham, School Daze, Steel Magnolias, Cape Fear, Fried Green Tomatoes, JFK, The Firm, Forest Gump, A Time To Kill, Rosewood, Life, The Notebook, Ray, Hustle & Flow, ATL, Glory Road, No Country For Old Men
Only a certain amount of those movies are noteworthy :ehh: in the grand Icheme of things...East & West has birthed the most memorable iconic films.

:yeshrug:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The nikka forgot Axel Foley was from Detroit..:mjgrin:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Those regions are trash when it comes to movies...I've watched half of that list and :ehh: nothing really memorable which is why many were left off.

I disagree...and a film being "noteworthy" is not based on what you've seen or liked.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
South and Midwest cant compete against east and west in terms of movies...maybe against each other, it would be interesting but they don't stand a chance.

I cares not about that - you said the South and Midwest didn't have enough "noteworthy" movies.
That's the part I disagree with. So I added ones I think are "noteworthy" in case anyone else was curious, and I'm done with it.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
nikka said east coast but only included New York movies :mjpls:
Southern as well
bad boys 1-3, eves bayou, Jason’s lyric, o brother where art thou, idlewild, any given Sunday, players club, uptown saturday night, Friday night lights, hustle n flow

I would argue that movies about philly/Boston are just as good as movies about New York

since when is the matrix an east coast movie? shyt looked more Cali than NY