Big Men Feud In Altitude | Official Timberwolves (#8) vs. Nuggets (#1) 1st Round Series Thread

YOUR WINNER..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The 1-8 matchup is set and the Timberwolves are headed to the Mile High city to face the Nuggets.

The Twolves were able to advance on Friday night by dominating the OKC front line with their size and veteran experience.

The Nuggets have been waiting for a week for their opponent and have ended the regular season with a 7-10 record over the last 17. The reigning 2x MVP has been resting some nights down the stretch and Michael Malone has utilized his bench to get into a rhythm.

Malone has also lambasted his squad for being soft.

Can the Twolves pull off an upset with a team that's clearly trended down? Or will the Nuggets turn the intensity back up and execute like the team we saw from January till March?

Minnesota-Timberwolves-Logo-1989.jpg

-------------------------VS-------------------------
Denver-Rockets-Logo-1981.jpg

Projected Lineups :

201144.png
1627750.png

1630162.png
203484.png

1627752.png
1629008.png

1626157.png
203932.png

203497.png
203999.png

T-Wolves:
@duncanthetall
@puppetmaster
@We Ready
@Nick Barnes
@Verbal Kint
@jericho
@daboywonder2002
@Trapperman Dave
@TrillaMonsoon
@resurrection
@kash10003
@villain
@Jackrabbit
@kickz
@tremonthustler1

Nuggets Brehs:
@Smoking With Cigarettes
@T.he I.nformant
@Flex Grossman
@Mastamimd
@nightwing2016
@RajWatts
@Yinny

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
Would love to believe the Nuggets are the #1 seed just because the West is down this year and not that intimidating of a team but probably gonna be 4-1 Nuggets. Hoping for at least a 1-1 split in the first two and then making it as competitive as they can.

Wolves generally play the Nuggets pretty well aside from one game this year but Aaron Gordon puts a lot of pressure on KAT and Rudy fast breaking and offensive rebounding wise. Need to find a way to get Ant going downhill at Jokic isolated which is nearly impossible to do when Gobert is on the floor :francis:

Go Wolves :mjcry:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Considering the nuggets have Jokic a guy who’s been voted MVP twice in a row and clearly the individual that most would consider the best player in the series I’m expecting a 4 game sweep of these Wolves …5 games at most …I’d expect the games to be close but ultimately it’s hard to envision the best player in the world dropping many actual games to a lowly 8th seed who have all kinds of injuries and turmoil…should be fun overall tho :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
Denver
In case anyone wants to try and draw conclusions from the season series:

Wolves have talent, and I like Ant, but I’ll be surprised if the nuggets can’t finish this in 5 or 6.

Big shouts to nuggets legend Tim Connely for throwing away a division rival’s future for Rudy gobert.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
wolves vs nugs.
1.jokic
2.towns
3.ant
4.gordon
5.gobert
6.murray
7.conley
8.mpj

difficult to call. if McDaniels and reid i might say wolves for sure.. but denver def deeper but rotations shrink. difficult

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Wolves have talent, and I like Ant, but I’ll be surprised if the nuggets can’t finish this in 5 or 6.

Big shouts to nuggets legend Tim Connely for throwing away a division rival’s future for Rudy gobert.

Towns didn’t play & this was before Conley

But you knew that

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ

Definitely the same Wolves team. Anyways Nuggets in 5 :skip: