Biggie & Timbaland?

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
Did Biggie (or Puff) ever talk about possibly working with Timbaland?

That Ginuwine album dropped in Fall '96, so Big was still around. He obviously had to be familiar with Tim's work - even if it was just "Pony".

I wonder if Big would've f*cked with Tim's beats. How Big would've sounded on a Tim beat. That would've been wild.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Jay was the first big name to work with Tim outside of his camp. With the hit men, trackmasters, premier, and everybody else at Diddys disposal he wouldn’t have even been on his radar

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think Big would of eventually worked with Tim because Aaliyah was on the Junior Mafia Album and she was in Lil' Kim "Crush on You Video" and Missy was messing with Bad Boy. What's crazy is Biggie died in March 97 and in Summer 97 Timbaland worked with Lil' Kim and Junior Mafia on the "Money Talks" Soundtrack. Lil Kim even shouted out Biggie and the Commission. It's crazy Biggie missed out on Timbaland and Neptunes beats.

Lil Kim Featuring Junior Mafia and Andrea Martin "Money Talks" Produced by Timbaland (Released 4 months after Big's death)

Danja Tim's Mans did this beat on "Duets"

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
I think Big would of eventually worked with Tim because Aaliyah was on the Junior Mafia Album and she was in Lil' Kim "Crush on You Video" and Missy was messing with Bad Boy. What's crazy is Biggie died in March 97 and in Summer 97 Timbaland worked with Lil' Kim and Junior Mafia on the "Money Talks" Soundtrack. Lil Kim even shouted out Biggie and the Commission. It's crazy Biggie missed out on Timbaland and Neptunes beats.

Lil Kim Featuring Junior Mafia and Andrea Martin "Money Talks" Produced by Timbaland (Released 4 months after Big's death)

Danja Tim's Mans did this beat on "Duets"

Yooo! I never heard that track (Lil Kim jawn). Props on that!

A lot of good points, too. Man, I would LOVE to hear a real collab between the two.

cozy carl

Boy Toy
Daps
Reppin
Cozy Boyz
Ginufine was at the vibe party dancing w 2 thots on the dance floor that night.

&

Before Jodeci started rolling w Death Row, I'm sure DeVante had the basement nikkas around them Uptown nikkas on tour & shyt

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA

Ppl could say what they want, about that whole, shiny-suit (Bad-Boy) era, but Puff had shyt poppin, POPPIN. :wow:

I was in early junior high, but I can just imagine, how the clubs and the bars were lookin back then, for the adults. :sadcam:

Classic, after classic was being dropped. Every one was in tune, or everyone that was hot/upcoming was fukkin with each other. I remember I couldn't distinguish whether Missy was w/ Bad Boy or not, cuz it was nothing, to see her in a video, or see her w/ Kim, who was an extension of Puff/Big.

Everybody was fukkin w/ each other, which made everyone, THAT much stronger (sort've like how, ATL moves today, piggy-backing each other's movements). I remember thinkin Kim was on Bad Boy too the whole time. :ohhh:

All those cats were like extended family, and all those surprise cameos, always made the videos hot. shyt might cut to a scene in a Missy video, and you see Aaliyah, or Puff in the cut like..:jawalrus:

Mary J. Blige in the cut like...:stylin: or Busta, LL, etc. Shyt was always a movie back then. :mjcry:

cozy carl

Boy Toy
Daps
Reppin
Cozy Boyz
Did y'all know that Tim did a little work on a few tacks on Pac's All Eyez On Me album but didn't receive credits...he wasn't as known back then.
No he didn't :stopitslime:
DeVante used his drum pattern that's all
Timbaland was & will always be bitter towards DeVante for the way he treated him during his come up.
Everybody associated with Death Row all said DeVante produced that record

cozy carl

Boy Toy
Daps
Reppin
Cozy Boyz
You misspelled Ginuwine :dame:
Oh silly me
FhjTSiT.png