Billboard's Top 25 Producers

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Concluding their Hip Hop 50 lists, Billboard published their list of Top 25 Hip Hop Producers:

^^^ only posting this because we ALWAYS see MC's and even groups ranked, but rarely is the same attention and discussion given to the producers.

My issues:

1) The Neptunes are not Top 5 IMO and aren't that far higher than Timbaland. Both would be 7-9 on my Top 10 list with Timbaland may be getting a slight edge.

2) Swizz Beatz isn't Top 10. He would be 20-25 on my list maybe even 30-ish.

3) Organized Noize would be higher. Don't see how Billboard is waxing poetic about Clipse as a duo to prop The Neptunes into the Top 5, but have Organized Noize at 25 when they were the architechts to the duo who they listed as GOAT. That's not even mentioning Goodie Mob and the hits they have with other MC's. Maybe not Top 10, but better than most of the producers they put in over them. Definitely wouldn't put 9th or Swizz Beatz over them.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The neptunes rap catalogue is not THAT impressive :mjlol:

People be trying to tie their RnB/pop hits in rap debates.

Its impressive and they never mentioned anything outside of their Hip Hop work. What they did do, however, is imbellish the impact of their work with The Clipse. Clipse is great, but they made it seem like Clipse was Wu, Tribe, NWA, Bone, or Kast. In reality, Clipse is on a tier with Goodie Mob and I got Goodie over them.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Its impressive and they never mentioned anything outside of their Hip Hop work. What they did do, however, is imbellish the impact of their work with The Clipse. Clipse is great, but they made it seem like Clipse was Wu, Tribe, NWA, Bone, or Kast. In reality, Clipse is on a tier with Goodie Mob and I got Goodie over them.
It’s not impressive for the categories they are frequently placed in Putting them 5 in history is laughable :mjlol:

Put it like this, you can tell the history of rap music fairly easily without the Neptunes contributions to hip hop

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not impressive for the categories they are frequently placed in Putting them 5 in history is laughable :mjlol:

Put it like this, you can tell the history of rap music fairly easily without the Neptunes contributions to hip hop

I already said they weren't Top 5 in my initial post.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Concluding their Hip Hop 50 lists, Billboard published their list of Top 25 Hip Hop Producers:

^^^ only posting this because we ALWAYS see MC's and even groups ranked, but rarely is the same attention and discussion given to the producers.

My issues:

1) The Neptunes are not Top 5 IMO and aren't that far higher than Timbaland. Both would be 7-9 on my Top 10 list with Timbaland may be getting a slight edge.

2) Swizz Beatz isn't Top 10. He would be 20-25 on my list maybe even 30-ish.

3) Organized Noize would be higher. Don't see how Billboard is waxing poetic about Clipse as a duo to prop The Neptunes into the Top 5, but have Organized Noize at 25 when they were the architechts to the duo who they listed as GOAT. That's not even mentioning Goodie Mob and the hits they have with other MC's. Maybe not Top 10, but better than most of the producers they put in over them. Definitely wouldn't put 9th or Swizz Beatz over them.
Swizz Beatz is one of the most overrated hip hop producers of all time ....his beats are not for me