Black 'Heterosexual' LGBT Volunteer AMA Thread

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Officially an LGBT Ally.

Was just going to make this thread for questions/ only one this week.

TLDR

• Left to go to Norfolk early this morning
  • Just got back home
  • Met a homeless dude that's on his way to the Greyhound to get to Atlanta for a job
  • Missed my stop
  • Got lost
  • Found my way and met the volunteer coordinator (told him I have associates and family that are LGBT)
  • Told me about the P.O.C. events
  • Volunteer for bingo Saturday, but they want me at other events this week

The reason why I'm doing this is so I can have this as a resume builder along with my political volunteering gig. Met so many great people today. Also, as a straight Black male I hate seeing my LGBT Black brothers and sisters getting shytted on. Especially, with discrimination.

@The Wave also wanted this from me.

Anyway, ask away your questions. No trolling.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
How long before u convert?
I'm not converting and have no interest being LGBT. AI just feel that they should not be discriminated against and I know how it is to be marginalized. Actually interested in having a girlfriend next year though :yeshrug:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm legit proud of you breh.
Helping fellow black people despite whatever stereotypes etc are associated with them is big of you :salute:

Other people are going to come in and troll you, but if you ask me this is million x better use of your time than making 20 threads a day:ehh:

Daps
Reppin
ATL paid.. Cali blazed
I'm not converting and have no interest being LGBT. AI just feel that they should not be discriminated against and I know how it is to be marginalized. Actually interested in having a girlfriend next year though :yeshrug:
Oh you plan on meeting a "girlfriend" at the next event?..

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
volunteer when you don't have a job brehs

but it's coming brehs... I put in resumes and they will call brehs

waste time fraternizing with homosexuals instead of going to work brehs
I'd rather volunteer than sit home all day. The job market here sucks. It's so bad people are leaving this area and there's a high homelessness rate. You think I like not working? I love working. There's no opportunities and the jobs that are available they always say they'll call back, but never do, then end up hiring someone they know.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
What do you plan to do with your life, and what are the short term and long term plans to reach your goals (besides posting on thecoli)?
Let's keep this thread related. I plan on trying to better my life by helping others and having a job long enough to flip and start my own small business.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
I'm legit proud of you breh.
Helping fellow black people despite whatever stereotypes etc are associated with them is big of you :salute:

Other people are going to come in and troll you, but if you ask me this is million x better use of your time than making 20 threads a day:ehh:

Far more productive, props to @IbucciMane!

Will have to rule out the Harlem job market however :dame:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'd rather volunteer than sit home all day. The job market here sucks. It's so bad people are leaving this area and there's a high homelessness rate. You think I like not working? I love working. There's no opportunities and the jobs that are available they always say they'll call back, but never do, then end up hiring someone they know.
you'd rather not make money because you don't have to, that's reality. you are living a luxury existence.