Black Lives Matter Plaza In Front Of The White House

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC

D.C. Mayor Bowser has 'Black Lives Matter' painted on street leading to White House
The act was intended to honor protesters who had peacefully assembled earlier this week.
200605-black-lives-matter-paint-street-al-1012_6b42caef71da8b7d09e2423d798a37ec.fit-760w.jpg

"Black Lives Matter" painted on 16th Street near the White House on June 5, 2020.Daniel Slim / AFP - Getty Images

June 5, 2020, 10:57 AM EDT / Updated June 5, 2020, 11:45 AM EDT
By Rebecca Shabad

WASHINGTON — District of Columbia Mayor Muriel Bowser on Friday had "Black Lives Matter" painted on the street that leads to the White House where protesters have been demonstrating following George Floyd’s death in police custody.

"There was a dispute this week about whose street this is," John Falcicchio, chief of staff for Bowser, a Democrat, said in a tweet. "Mayor Bowser wanted to make it abundantly clear that this is DC's street and to honor demonstrators who (were) peacefully protesting on Monday evening."

People were seen painting the words "Black Lives Matter" on Friday morning in large block letters in yellow across 16th street, which leads to Lafayette Square and the White House.

Bowser tweeted later in the morning that that particular section of 16th Street has been renamed "Black Lives Matter Plaza."

The official D.C. chapter of the Black Lives Matter Global Network, however, suggested in a tweet that this move was merely an empty gesture by Bowser.

200605-black-lives-matter-paint-street-al-1013_6b42caef71da8b7d09e2423d798a37ec.fit-760w.jpg

Protesters paint a giant Black Lives Matter sign on 16th street near the White House on June 5 2020.Daniel Slim / AFP - Getty Images
"This is a performative distraction from real policy changes. Bowser has consistently been on the wrong side of BLMDC history. This is to appease white liberals while ignoring our demands. Black Lives Matter means defund the police. @emilymbadger say it with us," the account tweeted.

This comes several days after Trump ordered the U.S. Park Police and National Guard troops forcefully removed demonstrators who were peacefully protesting outside the White House on Monday evening. The crowd was dispersed so Trump could walk out of the White House to St. John’s Episcopal Church for a photo-op in which he held up a Bible.

Bowser blasted Trump for what occurred, tweeting, "I imposed a curfew at 7 pm. A full 25 minutes before the curfew & w/o provocation, federal police used munitions on peaceful protestors in front of the White House, an act that will make the job of @DCPoliceDept officers more difficult. Shameful! DC residents — Go home. Be safe."

The painting of the phrase Black Lives Matter came as Bowser shared a letter addressed to Trump from Thursday in which she requested that he withdraw "all extraordinary federal law enforcement and military presence from Washington, D.C." now that she has ended the state of emergency for the city and the Metropolitan Police Department didn't make any arrests on Wednesday night.

D.C. mayor has huge 'Black Lives Matter' name painted on street leading to White House

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I heard DC brehs really don’t like her that much

But I like that street shyt tho

Swear Muriel be on that Stephen A Smith 50/50 shyt. Look the other way on gentrification and Black displacement (AND she don’t like mumbo sauce) but pull a top 5 troll job on the ultimate troll President.

*insert Larry David gif*
Basically. I don't fukk with Bowser at all. She's basically just the continuation of Gray but not as c00nish as Fenty.

But this move right here. Cot damn. :banderas:

Trump gotta be fuming

She a real one for this.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Oh word so that’s Lafayette plaza or over close to where they do that farmer market on by Farragut North
She said it’s near the White House, wtf difference does it make as to a specific location? She told you the exact details -it’s NW, 1600 block, 16th street
:mjtf:

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Swear Muriel be on that Stephen A Smith 50/50 shyt. Look the other way on gentrification and Black displacement (AND she don’t like mumbo sauce) but pull a top 5 troll job on the ultimate troll President.

*insert Larry David gif*

Basically. I don't fukk with Bowser at all. She's basically just the continuation of Gray but not as c00nish as Fenty.

But this move right here. Cot damn. :banderas:

Trump gotta be fuming

She a real one for this.

ALL OF THIS!!!!!! I told my cousin she finally showed us she's really black. I am on record saying I cannot stand her but her doing this cannot be overlooked or downplayed. She wants all the smoke.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
She said it’s near the White House, wtf difference does it make as to a specific location? She told you the exact details -it’s NW, 1600 block, 16th street
:mjtf:
I was just trying to figure the spot. When I initially posted, I didn’t see it the location. It’s also significant to know what the name of it used to be.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
ALL OF THIS!!!!!! I told my cousin she finally showed us she's really black. I am on record saying I cannot stand her but her doing this cannot be overlooked or downplayed. She wants all the smoke.

This dope. Can't wait to see this in person....

Also, where u think the All Lives Matter Plaza gonna pop up .... cuz u know Trump is planning one :mjlol: