FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Okay so I'm gonna switch up the challenge rubric for the Black Music Month Challenge. I was able to find a newer more interesting version by the same person. Everything is still the same for those who have been keeping up(and I appreciate y'all).

Yesterday's thread is here if you want to participate: Black Music Month Challenge Day 18: A Song That Makes You Feel Warm and Fuzzy

Today's Challenge: The Blackest song you know.

This is basically like a Black National Anthem. A classic and definitely should be passed down from generation to generation.

@dora_da_destroyer @jensyao @Mac Dee
Y'all participate in these threads the most so I wanted to ask: Since I switched the challenge rubric in the middle of the month, should I make a bonus thread for questions we missed that are way different from challenges we've done?? Let me know

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
Y'all participate in these threads the most so I wanted to ask: Since I switched the challenge rubric in the middle of the month, should I make a bonus thread for questions we missed that are way different from challenges we've done?? Let me know
you can probably post both questions and have ppl choose to answer 1 or both...you may have to switch back to the original list because i seen duplicate questions already answered on this new list...speaking of national anthems

Sampled songs of legends, interesting enough to post, links inside
www.hiphopisread.com/2008/08/hhir-exclusive-fathers-of-rap-volume.html
www.hiphopisread.com/2008/09/fathersofrapvolumetwo.html
www.hiphopisread.com/2009/06/fathers-of-rap-volume-three-michael.html
www.hiphopisread.com/2011/05/fathers-of-rap-volume-four-gil-scott.html
www.hiphopisread.com/2012/01/fathers-of-rap-volume-five-jimmy-castor.html
www.hiphopisread.com/2020/04/fathers-of-rap-volume-six-bill-withers.html

===
I had a whole answer sheet already answered for the previous list's question about soothing music

listed all of them given that we moved on to a new question

Last edited:

Timbs

Pro
Daps

I remember hearing this sampled on a T.I. album and had to hear the original, it stuck with me ever since

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Okay so I'm gonna switch up the challenge rubric for the Black Music Month Challenge. I was able to find a newer more interesting version by the same person. Everything is still the same for those who have been keeping up(and I appreciate y'all).

Yesterday's thread is here if you want to participate: Black Music Month Challenge Day 18: A Song That Makes You Feel Warm and Fuzzy

Today's Challenge: The Blackest song you know.

This is basically like a Black National Anthem. A classic and definitely should be passed down from generation to generation.

@dora_da_destroyer @jensyao @Mac Dee

Make bonus threads!!! I like discussing more music

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It may not be the "blackest", but you can't have a thread like this without James Brown.

• Dap
Reactions: 315