Black Music Month Challenge Day 6: What's Your Fave Hip Hop/R&B Collab??

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
June is known as Black Music Month and I thought it would be fun to make a thread each day using this template to discuss different Black music related to the questions here.

Yesterday's thread is here if you want to participate: BMMC Day 5: What's a song that's about something different than you thought it was???

Today's Challenge: Your Favorite Hip Hop/R&B Collaboration

I have a few that are favorites(and classics, IMO)

Without this one, the others may have not even happened

Lil Mo had just as much chemistry with Ja as Ashanti and this one is my faves out of the collabs he did back in the day.

Lastly, these 2 have so many collabs that I love but this one has a personal significance (On The Run Part ll only got slightly edged out b/c of that).

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
Lil Mo had just as much chemistry with Ja as Ashanti and this one is my faves out of the collabs he did back in the day.

Ja Rule turned that instrumental that literally sounds like
cat-piano.gif

into :ohlawd:

...a lot of r&b-rap collabos are forced or the singer just comes in for the chorus but don't have any bridge or verse, or the guest rapper jumped on the remix but has lyrics that has nothing to do with the original song or submitted the verse without a real collabo

remaking nostalgic choruses/beats is like a cheat code for insta-hit

I played this so many times when it came out

honorable mention is 'duffle bag boy remix' and 'night train' both with novel and joell

the original version with the sam cooke sample without Jaheim is also fire...that PSK sample is timeless

mary j and nate dogg on the hooks

Last edited: