Black New Yorkers clashing over who should get reparations as state panel starts

Loggie

All Star
Daps
“New York state records counted 21,193 enslaved people in the 1790 population. Slavery wasn’t outlawed in New York until 1817 — and some 4,600 enslaved people were freed when the law took full effect 10 years later, according to the New York Historical Society.“

Only their descendants should get money. This is a State issue and NY is trying to make it right.

They should define reparations as, “money to those directly enslaved within our state lines before 1817.”

You can do a SEPARATE bill for discrimination against “X” race blah blah blah.

New Yorkers need to let this pass so other states can use this for their descendants.

And no, non FBA African descendants should be entitled to this money. I’ll ask the Brits, Prince George and them to send me and my parents a check.

My Wife would get a check though.
:Russ:

Last edited:

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
nikka i been everywhere
everyone Caribbean
aint no one going im just black in nyc cut it out dawg
Umm yeah, you're definitely trolling 🤣

lived in brooklyn from birth to 25 years old and never been to times square once :mjlol: :pachaha:

not disabled lmao
lol we had toysrus in brooklyn, we got mcdonalds in brooklyn, we got arcades in brooklyn lol
im going to times square for a bigger toysrus and a bigger mcdonalds and tourists im good lol
Like i said, leave your neighborhood & you'll find us (Black Americans)

Tair

Superstar
Daps
“black” immigrants from africa and the west indies should be viewed with same suspicions our eyes give suspected white supremacists.

these immigrants are not black, don’t consider themselves black, and don’t think like people who move according to a black code.

:francis:

You are right to be suspicious.

Jamaicans plotted on Freedmen and took land that was intended for us, not them.

Following the end of the Italian invasion in 1941 and Emperor Haile Selassie's return to the throne, he made plans to grant 500 acres of fertile land to black refugees in 1948 in response to racism in the United States.[3]

Haile Selassie formed the first Ethiopian World Federation (EWF) in Harlem, New York and prepared a series of events to bond with African Americans for the Ethiopian culture before announcing The Land Grants. While one of the female members of the EWF was visiting Jamaica she leaked the information about the Land Grant with the people of Jamaica. The Land Grants were specifically intended for African Americans in return for intervening in favor of the royal family during the second world war.[4] Once information about the possibility of immigration to Ethiopia spread many made plans to immigrate, divisions of the EWF began appearing internationally to take advantage of the Land Grants Haile Selassie left for African Americans.[5] The official letter confirming the "Land Grant" of 1948 was submitted to the members and executives of the Ethiopian World Federation in New York City in 1955.

My whole stance has always been in business and life in general, "never invest too much into those who never invested in you." And as I see it, no non-Freedmen has ever invested in us as much as Freedmen invested in every other group. Whether those others were Caribbean, African, Asian, or European. We gave the shirts off our backs when they needed help, and very few, if any, returned the same kindness.

They are all the same to me and are definitely not my people.

Stay loyal to the lineage, no one else.

:manny:

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
Umm yeah, you're definitely trolling 🤣

Like i said, leave your neighborhood & you'll find us (Black Americans)
times square isnt the essence of nyc
thats a tourist spot, i been to the hoods
what area in nyc is 10% fba? it doesnt exsit
u mean a couple of yall are spread out along the city ok
but dont act like yall are abundant when yall arent
when did your family move to new york ?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
what neighborhood is that?
im genuinely curious not even on no argument shyt
east soundview

my hood was basically a stop that people from the carolinas, during the 2nd great migration, went to to start a family

i grew up mainly around fbas

edit-also the fba and foreign population is neck and neck. Im not sure where your getting all that other stuff from

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
people always going to argue over who should get what, someone will probably end up unhappy and feeling cheated

people clashing doesn’t mean reparations should not be attempted/we should continue to do nothing.
There’s nothing to argue.

The others are only here to cloud the discussion and they know it.