Black Ohio GOP lawmaker proposes anti-redlining bill after being denied home sale

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't understand the point of living in an area where you aren't wanted

What is there to gain with these types of moves?

Genuinely asking, no judgement

A lot of time most of the neighborhood doesn't care what color you are. It's the realtor being racist, typically. Something about that job attracts gatekeepers who will go out there way to fukk over black people. Not to mention Asian realtors who will throw you under the bus in favor of an Asian buyer, or Hispanics who do the same.

My issue with this legislation is that if this hadn't happened to him personally he'd call this (IE government stepping in to legislate home selling) a liberal overstep, race baiting, etc.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And these are the educated brehs of thecoli :bryan:
The nikka is bringing about a bipartisan bill
And yet he is a c00n:bryan:
Amos and Andy be dancing around for chicken and other fast foods
And the responses are
They not hurting nobody
But a breh, regardless of political affiliation is trying to change shyt
And you idiots jumping out the ever so haphazardly used c00n window:bryan:
fukking clowns

you talk way too much for someone who says very little

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

Well I’m her case where she lives it’s not so much they don’t want black folk there because it’s George Santos old district which is one of the most wealthy in the country however realtors if they know your a buyer and black they try steer you to places Less desirable and redline you… She got paper so she figured it was better if she got her attorney to do the work and put in the offer.. So far she’s been there over 6 years and haven’t had any issues..

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

The space, yard size, the particular house. In a lot of those areas the people who live there barely even talk to each other, so once you're there it doesn't make a difference.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
“Sometimes a person may have a criminal history and you maybe don’t feel comfortable with them moving into a neighborhood that you lived in for 20, 30, 40 years,” he said.

His bill accounts for that, though. If the seller and buyer approve of the agreement, they have to disclose all previously hidden information within 48 hours. If realtors don’t comply with any of the provisions, they could be penalized, eventually having their licenses removed if they continue breaking the law.
This is stupid.

What does his example of a criminal record have to do with race?

And, the provision simply allows someone to deny a person for being black after the “hidden information (including race)” is revealed.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

it's about living where you want. not where you are wanted. There would be nothing but Native Americans in this country if people only moved to places they were welcome

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
What’s the slogan yall use on here
No reparations no votes

No contingencies no votes am I saying it wrong ?

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
This is stupid.

What does his example of a criminal record have to do with race?

And, the provision simply allows someone to deny a person for being black after the “hidden information (including race)” is revealed.
Then they'd be opening themselves up to a lawsuit if they cancelled.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
why are people automatically assuming he’s a c00n? Breh is a criminal defense attorney, married a black woman, and is pushing a bill to ban discrimination. :skip:
If he was really a c00n he would’ve said racism doesn’t exist and kept it pushing.
Because he waited for it to happen to him personally before taking action , knowing that this has happened to plenty of black people before.