Black-owned soda company Exotic Pop charges $20 a bottle, grossed $6 million in profit in 2021

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Its funny where they are headquartered isnt far from me.This soda is the exact same soda as spicewood but instead of high fructose corn syrup they using cane sugar.He has to worse socual media team in America and they basically call you a custie for buying they cheap drink.The price is also inconsistent.I can get it for 3.00 at a store 10 at a restaurant and 15-20 at a food truck.I tried supporting him but I aint feeling his pricing.Besides there are now a number of businesses in the city selling the same exotic snacks and drinks for less.
His soda doesn't have corn fructose syrup? If so this is why he's charging a premium, needs to be lower priced and he will sell more.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
The first thing you see when you go on the website is shirtless sauce walka and a bunch of other random dudes giving each other gang handshakes :mjlol: . I doubt this could ever go "mainstream" mainstream like that but they seem to be doing well anyways so more to them:ehh:.

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
His soda doesn't have corn fructose syrup? If so this is why he's charging a premium, needs to be lower priced and he will sell more.
Cane Sugar is not expensive and the company that makes the soda (spicewood) you can buy 4 cans for a dollar.There are plenty of cane sugar /stevia sodas way cheaper.He literally is has just dressed up a generic brand soda.Spicewood is the cheap soda you buy 4 for a dollar at the cornerstone. Once people figured it out this stuff is sitting in place now.Also like I said I used to follow his IG the guy is a idiot.His comments also show he has nothing but contempt for his customers.

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
Is this supposed to be celebrated? What happened to creating a better product at a competitive price? Black businesss owners are notorious for pulling this and then complaining when no one supports. Like why am I paying you $17 for some rice, chicken, cabbage, and plantain when I can hit Chipotle and get something similar for $9? Black women run into this with the nails… The brotha cutting hair feels like he deserves $30+ for a cut. Etc.

Last edited:

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
I respect the industrialness but why do black businesses always got to be on some high key nikka shyt? just sell a normal product. Smh glorifying gang culture.

• Dap
Reactions: B86

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
I hope this dude was trolling when he posted this. Think that drinking cough syrup is ”less harmful “ for you, brehs…
It is, alcohol is a well known carcinogen that raises your risk of cancer in every organ it touches and proven to damage brain cells. I didn't even mention the liver failure, People knew alcohol was a societal and literal cancer for centuries.

Do you drink alcohol? Do you know what a mu-opioid receptor is? Do you even understand the method of action in an opiate vs a gaba drug? Do you know what a gaba drug is? Did you ever take university level chemistry?

Or are you just repeating something you heard from people who also know nothing about drugs at a molecular level.

The only reason people are still allow to drink alcohol is because you can whip it up in a bathtub so prohibition failed.

Last edited:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I believe we have a store like this in Queens where you can walk in and get exotic snacks from all over the world
seems like these kind of stores are popping up everywhere now. I also have one in my block that's been there 2-3 years.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
It is, alcohol is a well known carcinogen that raises your risk of cancer in every organ it touches and proven to damage brain cells. I didn't even mention the liver failure, People knew alcohol was a societal and literal cancer for centuries.

Do you drink alcohol? Do you know what a mu-opioid receptor is? Do you even understand the method of action in an opiate vs a gaba drug? Do you know what a gaba drug is? Did you ever take university level chemistry?

Or are you just repeating something you heard from people who also know nothing about drugs at a molecular level.

The only reason people are still allow to drink alcohol is because you can whip it up in a bathtub so prohibition failed.
Thanks for all the info. Now pull up how many people have died from lean in a short period of time. Or in fact, just pull up the “famous” TX nikkas alone…go read the warnings on a label of codeine or any kind of cough syrup…

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Thanks for all the info. Now pull up how many people have died from lean in a short period of time. Or in fact, just pull up the “famous” TX nikkas alone…go read the warnings on a label of codeine or any kind of cough syrup…
Like I said you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Pimp died from mixing an opiate and a benzo, literally the most dangerous drug combo you can do, while being 300lbs

Screw also died from mixing an opiate with a benzo, while being overweight.

Moe died from a heart attack, which wasn’t caused by promethazine or codeine, but because he was 400 pounds drinking sugar water everyday.

Promethazine is a antihistamine, it’s basically slightly stronger Benadryl.

Codeine is the weakest of all the opiates, Codeine is to Heroin what caffeine is to cocaine, it’s literally an over the counter drug in majority of the world.

The entire UK had 212 codeine related deaths in 2020, and majority of those came from mixing it with another drug. And that’s the highest it’s ever been.

They had 512 acute alcohol deaths, that’s deaths because you drank too much alcohol and died on the spot.

That’s not counting all the people that got drunk and died doing some dumb shyt.

That’s not counting all people that died drunk driving.

That’s not counting all the people that got killed by a drunk driver.

That’s not counting the chronic liver failure deaths.

You add all those up and you ended up with 10,000+ deaths a year to codeine’s 212 deaths (which other drugs play a part in majority of them as well). That’s 50x.