Black Star: No Fear of Time /// NEW ALBUM 5.3.22

Sean7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just listened. how did people say this was bad?

Another one I have to go back and listen to. I got the CD while back and never gave it a proper listen past a spin or two! Definitely going to break that out tonight along with a few albums to listen to.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The album was cool. It was decidedly less focused and felt more like a demo tape. No real concepts or structure to the tracks. Raw beats, not much processing or composition from Madlib. Kweli sounded hungry, Mos less so.

I can see the argument that it's "lazy" but I kinda appreciate it as something I can just throw on and let it ride. It flows well as a project.

I didn't expect to get anything again from these guys, so it ain't too bad

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The album was cool. It was decidedly less focused and felt more like a demo tape. No real concepts or structure to the tracks. Raw beats, not much processing or composition from Madlib. Kweli sounded hungry, Mos less so.

I can see the argument that it's "lazy" but I kinda appreciate it as something I can just throw on and let it ride. It flows well as a project.

I didn't expect to get anything again from these guys, so it ain't too bad

I been saying since it dropped that Kweli rapped his ass off on this album. Yes he outrapped Mos

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
shyt was mid still

i wanted a continuation of greatness not a replication of a past achievement.

I like it

And i still listen to it daily

But I think I can understand why some might not like it or care for it as much

Maybe because of the stripped down production?

The demo like, rough draft approach to the album; in a lot of ways it sounds like a rough cut of an album in the first few stages of its recording sessions

The mixing

The raw approach to the songs, like it sounded very spur of the moment and capturing the moment type of recordings

Again, i really like the album but I can also understand if someone was left feeling like it was just middle of the road or so so

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
this album was cool, but best beat, feature and lyrics from Mos and Kweli came at the end on FREEquency.

*edit

Could see Griselda or Gibbs on that beat as well.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
throaway album. forgettable on arrival.

tell them to go find Hi-tek. They mailed this madlib shyt in and i don't like the sound direction they went with. pure regression