Black wheel curb rash repair

ecnirp1

mr. open source
Supporter
Daps
just curbed the sh*t out of my month old wheels :beli:

anyone on here have experience with DIY wheel repair? The local wheel shops are quoting me around $180, and for that price I'd just buy a new rim.

for the short term I put black sharpie where the rash is so it's not really noticeable outside of 2-3 feet, but I'd like to get this fixed and avoid buying a new wheel.
3pQRgVoT.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I did the same exact thing to my black aftermarket wheel, my suggestion is get some black automotive touch-up paint and call it a day, that is what I did.

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
To be honest 180 not bad for that much damage but You really want a DIY project watch some YouTube videos

Masking tape for tires plus masking tape with newspaper or some type of paper to cover the rotors and brakes

Two different grains of sandpaper

Some type of filler from a hardware store

Can of primer

Spray Can of car paint matte black

Spray can of clear coat

That's if you want to do it right or the half ass way

You can get some plasti-dip and clean the rim. Spray over it two or three coats probably won't notice it

Last edited:

ecnirp1

mr. open source
Supporter
Daps
I did the same exact thing to my black aftermarket wheel, my suggestion is get some black automotive touch-up paint and call it a day, that is what I did.
good looks. i'll likely go this route if i end up scraping one of the wheels again.

ecnirp1

mr. open source
Supporter
Daps
To be honest 180 not bad for that much damage but You really want a DIY project watch some YouTube videos

Masking tape for tires plus masking tape with newspaper or some type of paper to cover the rotors and brakes

Two different grains of sandpaper

Some type of filler from a hardware store

Can of primer

Spray Can of car paint matte black

Spray can of clear coat

That's if you want to do it right or the half ass way

You can get some plasti-dip and clean the rim. Spray over it two or three coats probably won't notice it

i actually picked up some sandpaper and a touch up pen this morning before finding a mobile wheel repair shop that will fix it for $75:mjgrin:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
i actually picked up some sandpaper and a touch up pen this morning before finding a mobile wheel repair shop that will fix it for $75:mjgrin:

75 bucks is good, you should hit up yelp.

Everybody said what I was going to post. Niche makes some good rims, I have some 20 niche milan wheels from my old car I sold. I plan on selling my rims because they do not fit on my new ride

ecnirp1

mr. open source
Supporter
Daps

Everybody said what I was going to post. Niche makes some good rims, I have some 20 niche milan wheels from my old car I sold. I plan on selling my rims because they do not fit on my new ride
yeah, i should have initially went to Yelp instead of Google to search for shops. according to their reviews (almost all 5 *), dude repairs most wheels in under 15 minutes.

i agree Niche has a nice catalog of wheels. it took me a minute to decide between the Vicenza, Targa and Misano. i'll upgrade to 20 when it's time for new tires.

RichieRich

Beg my pardon to Martin...
Daps
Reppin
Negroes with guns

:leon: specs?