Blade Runner 2049 (Official Thread)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I agree about the second viewing. Weird thing is Wallace isn't even necessarily a villain, he's just insanely ambitious and driven by his desires to explore the universe and wants to do so off the backs of replicants, so I guess it really comes down to whether or not you'd view replicants as human or not in terms of whether he's a villain.

Wallace is a criticism of idea of God in its purest form. The entire character boils down to, what if there really was a being who creates life without a single emotional investment in their well-being, placing himself so high on a pedestal above his creations that he speaks almost exclusively in soliloquy and only addresses one directly in a most demanding rhetoric. His ambition to "own the stars" isn't any different from God's necessity to be loved unconditionally over the backs of his own creation's suffering.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Wallace is a criticism of idea of God in its purest form. The entire character boils down to, what if there really was a being who creates life without a single emotional investment in their well-being, placing himself so high on a pedestal above his creations that he speaks almost exclusively in soliloquy and only addresses one directly in a most demanding rhetoric. His ambition to "own the stars" isn't any different from God's necessity to be loved unconditionally over the backs of his own creation's suffering.
How many viewings are you at now? :lolbron:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
How many viewings are you at now? :lolbron:
4, was a bit sick past weekend so I only went once. They're opening the completely renovated IMAX theater this week in my local theater so I can finally catch it in IMAX tonight (one time only before that Geostorm bullshyt comes out) and I will probably try to catch it this weekend again too.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
4, was a bit sick past weekend so I only went once. They're opening the completely renovated IMAX theater this week in my local theater so I can finally catch it in IMAX tonight (one time only before that Geostorm bullshyt comes out) and I will probably try to catch it this weekend again too.
:picard: I've never understood this behavior.

I mean maybe back in the day, but the home release window is so short i'm good with one viewing and waiting the 2.5-3 months for digital and or blu-ray.

Maybe it's because I have a photographic memory

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

I mean maybe back in the day, but the home release window is so short i'm good with one viewing and waiting the 2.5-3 months for digital and or blu-ray.

I got the time and I got an unlimited pass. :manny:

And it's too bad your photographic memory can't make up your lack of taste.:yeshrug:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
And it's too bad your photographic memory can't make up your lack of taste.:yeshrug:
Lmaoooo

I've seen it 3 times :lolbron:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Don't mind him, deep down he's still stuck on ChristopHas beeNolan.
You mean the director who is going to walk away with best director and best picture next year? :smugnolan:

Keep stanning never been's like Refin you stanky hoe