Bob Arum - "Crawford vs Spence is a BIG PPV Fight"

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Neither dude really has the personality or mic skills to get this to be a mega PPV imo. Personally I want to see both dudes in there against more legit WW before I start getting "excited" for this fight. Either way Spence now has Porter and Crawford pretty much calling him out which is good since he was acting like nobody wanted to see him

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Neither dude really has the personality or mic skills to get this to be a mega PPV imo. Personally I want to see both dudes in there against more legit WW before I start getting "excited" for this fight. Either way Spence now has Porter and Crawford pretty much calling him out which is good since he was acting like nobody wanted to see him

Canelo and GGG aren't really outgoing dudes either more so than really entertaining fighters with hype behind them which generated a lot of buzz within a 2 year span. Same kinda applies here. Right now, it wouldn't be smart to make. But think about how much can happen between both fighters from Jan '18 to Fall '19. If all the stars align and both have the stock of the 147 crowns beating top level guys be it on ESPN / CBS, it's gonna create some buzz. I'm not thinking anything like 2-3 Mill PPV buys of course, that's just dumb. But anything like a 1 Mill or high 900K is still a solid outing. We've just been so used to seeing the numbers Floyd has done but it doesn't mean a 600k-1Mill PPV isn't a success let alone the fighters not getting anywhere near a guarantee or PPV / gate cut someone like Floyd would get. They'd make career paydays in their own right, maybe just not "record breaking".

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Canelo and GGG aren't really outgoing dudes either more so than really entertaining fighters with hype behind them which generated a lot of buzz within a 2 year span. Same kinda applies here. Right now, it wouldn't be smart to make. But think about how much can happen between both fighters from Jan '18 to Fall '19. If all the stars align and both have the stock of the 147 crowns beating top level guys be it on ESPN / CBS, it's gonna create some buzz. I'm not thinking anything like 2-3 Mill PPV buys of course, that's just dumb. But anything like a 1 Mill or high 900K is still a solid outing. We've just been so used to seeing the numbers Floyd has done but it doesn't mean a 600k-1Mill PPV isn't a success let alone the fighters not getting anywhere near a guarantee or PPV / gate cut someone like Floyd would get. They'd make career paydays in their own right, maybe just not "record breaking".

Canelo is Mexican though, redheaded and good looking by European standards. Lord knows Mexicans love them some Heuro types too. GGG is white, Eurasian to be technical but still not too ethnic in other words might as well be white. Canelo might be a PPV draw on the strength of Mexicans' love for boxing and his genes, but GGG still isn't a major draw even after being robbed. Still, both will be embraced more than Spence and Crawford could ever imagine. Spence and Crawford will NEVER be PPV draws unless they fully embrace buffoonery.