Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm trying to find the right calculations to figure out how many shares I would need to buy to break even, or even make a $10 profit upon exiting my TDOC position. The problem is that I purchased it little-over-little so I actually have 80 different TDOC purchases. There doesn't seem to be a free calculator online that will let me input 80 different values. Any legit formula that actually works when trying to find the amount of shares I'd need to buy?

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I'm trying to find the right calculations to figure out how many shares I would need to buy to break even, or even make a $10 profit upon exiting my TDOC position. The problem is that I purchased it little-over-little so I actually have 80 different TDOC purchases. There doesn't seem to be a free calculator online that will let me input 80 different values. Any legit formula that actually works when trying to find the amount of shares I'd need to buy?

I don't know the formula off the top of my head, but I'd figure you can just use your cost basis and number of shares to make it work.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know the formula off the top of my head, but I'd figure you can just use your cost basis and number of shares to make it work.
It's looking rough for that stock. I'm down 3,000 plus, so even though I may not be able to break even, if I can get closer to 0 then I'll be happy. I'm not "super-rushing" it, but it's going down every day. I have it in my Roth IRA. I'm positive overall in the Roth IRA, but a stock like that really puts a damper on everything.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
It's looking rough for that stock. I'm down 3,000 plus, so even though I may not be able to break even, if I can get closer to 0 then I'll be happy. I'm not "super-rushing" it, but it's going down every day. I have it in my Roth IRA. I'm positive overall in the Roth IRA, but a stock like that really puts a damper on everything.
Might be better to cut your losses sometimes:francis:
It sucks and I never had such a big loss but better put your money in stocks that actually have a future to offset the loss of this one.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
WTFs going on w/ GME? At least I’m in the black again. I heard 7 halts on upward movement today
The guy who started it sent his first tweet in years, and now fomo is kicking in I guess.
:francis:took my losses on it already, if I'd waited I too could've been in the black right now.
Not touching that stock again though, learned my lessons with memestocks, I'm not the guy who gets rich of those.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The guy who started it sent his first tweet in years, and now fomo is kicking in I guess.
:francis:took my losses on it already, if I'd waited I too could've been in the black right now.
Not touching that stock again though, learned my lessons with memestocks, I'm not the guy who gets rich of those.
I don’t think that’s it. MSM keeps saying that, been watching CNBC all morning. He came back last week. It’s not like there’s some secret “ok guys buy now” order that goes out.

and his AMC tweet was last week too I think. It didn’t start running until this morning too.

CNBC is hilarious the way they always try to talk down GME. I bet a bunch of those clowns have it shorted. they did a “look at all the other shytty stocks that also ran” segment, but all of them had like 2-3% gains :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don’t think that’s it. MSM keeps saying that, been watching CNBC all morning. He came back last week. It’s not like there’s some secret “ok guys buy now” order that goes out.

and his AMC tweet was last week too I think. It didn’t start running until this morning too.

CNBC is hilarious the way they always try to talk down GME. I bet a bunch of those clowns have it shorted. they did a “look at all the other shytty stocks that also ran” segment, but all of them had like 2-3% gains :mjlol:
GME is basically a done company though. Dying a slow painful death of a no longer viable business model. People propping it up in the short term to try and profit won't change that in the long term.

Also this company is trash beyond that. They dikked over gamers for years before the carpet got yanked from under them. Their stock bouncing around on memes isn't some noble cause.