Boko Haram leader: "I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by Allah,"

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Boko Haram leader: 'I will sell' kidnapped Nigerian girls - CNN.com

'I will sell them,' Boko Haram leader says of kidnapped Nigerian girls
By Aminu Abubakar, CNN
updated 8:53 AM EDT, Mon May 5, 2014
Source: CNN

(CNN) -- A man claiming to be Boko Haram's leader has said he'll sell the more than 200 girls that the Islamist militant group abducted from a rural Nigerian school last month.

"I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by Allah," a man claiming to be Abubakar Shekau says in a video, according to a CNN translation from the local Hausa language. "There is a market for selling humans. Allah says I should sell. He commands me to sell. I will sell women. I sell women."

The nearly hourlong video, first obtained Monday by Agence France-Presse, appears to be Boko Haram's first public confirmation that it abducted the girls on April 14 in northeastern Nigeria's restive Borno state.

According to accounts, armed members of Boko Haram overwhelmed security guards at the all-girls school in Chibok, pulled the girls out of bed and forced them into trucks. The convoy of trucks then disappeared into the dense forest bordering Cameroon.

On Friday, Nigerian authorities updated the number of girls kidnapped to 276. At least 53 of the girls escaped, leaving 223 in the hands of their captors, police said.

Authorities said the number of missing girls could grow as police fill in spotty school enrollment records.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
hundreds of black girls in an african country get kidnapped and the story gets virtually buried for weeks on end and no international help is offered. a ferry boat in china sinks and it's on the front page for week straight and international help is offered. it's disgusting how little importance is given to black lives around the globe.

and i know these are exremist, but this is not a good look for islam. more has to be done to reign in and snitch out extremist behavior by mainstream muslims.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
hundreds of black girls in an african country get kidnapped and the story gets virtually buried for weeks on end and no international help is offered. a ferry boat in china sinks and it's on the front page for week straight and international help is offered. it's disgusting how little importance is given to black lives around the globe.

and i know these are exremist, but this is not a good look for islam. more has to be done to reign in and snitch out extremist behavior by mainstream muslims.

The main victims of this shyt are main stream Muslims.
Muslim villages were most of the first ones raided until the group randomly started focusing on Christian areas.
Muslim areas are the least protected by the government so they are the most prone.
Muslims, of course, will suffer the most generalization and stigma and pay the price for all this ---- the world leaders and government supports of this group will not be mentioned At All.
The main people fighting against groups like this are mainstream Muslims... aka 99% of Muslims who don't even think this is characteristic of Islam.
Where the hell is the rest of the world at with issues like this? --- not doing shyt but talking shyt about Muslims while girls are being killed and kidnapped.
IT's obvious why no international help is offered (they r Black AFricans) .... and less help will be offered if These nations don't bend over for EU economic agreements.
politicians right in the Nation of Nigeria are benefiting from all of this.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

STOP SAYING THIS DUMB shyt.

This story is on CNN REGULARLY.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So many political events even led up to this incident ...
1) outsiders supported and funded boko.
2) school officials couldn't even get these 400 girls their annual test n shyt because the security there was Weak as fukk ( even before Boko haram)
3) The governor of that area ignored security concerns and the area was a war zone before Boko went in.
4) shyt was easy for this group......... they aren't the first one to sell lil chicks from the area and wont be the last.
5) They don't even know how many girls went to the school due to weak records - it's over 300 missing but they keep reporting 200
6) The government with international forces could easily get the girls back if they really wanted to.

7) We can't see that this is politics as usual. Human rights groups accused the Nigerian military of killing civilians for simply wear Muslim clothes in that area.... raping women, kiling young boys who were Muslim, basically wilin out- The ethic group Kanuri were basically killed onsite on some ethnic cleaning type shyt--- now the military can't bust one shot to save these girls... very suspect.

:rudy:
Nigeria’s federal authorities on Monday surrendered to the government of Borno State its information responsibilities concerning the abducted Chibok girls.

In a curious statement, Defence Headquarters spokesman Major General Chris Olukolade, who famously made the false announcement two weeks ago that the girls had been rescued, and then rescinded it, said the Borno government “in whose facility the incident occurred” would now provide the public with regular briefing on the matter.

“Accordingly, security agencies on ground in Borno State will continue to interact and support the State Government officials in their efforts to inform the public on the Chibok incident and progress in the search without any prejudice,” he said. “The Nigerian Military has always subscribed to the importance of information flow to the public and will continue to sustain this policy in all its internal security operations.”

Borno and two other states have been under emergency rule in the past year, presumably swamped by federal security agencies, and the DHQ statement seemed to stand Nigeria’s constitutional structure on its head. “The security forces on ground in the state have been directed to coordinate with the State Government and provide them with necessary information on the search for the girls,” the statement said.

It is unclear how federal authorities will handle the supposed search for the girls, while the state government will brief the public about their progress, if any.:aicmon:

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
STOP SAYING THIS DUMB shyt.

This story is on CNN REGULARLY.

:childplease: i'll say what the fukk i want to say. and it's my perception that this story hasn't received the same level of attention that other "tragedies" have. and it's also my perception that the reason this hasn't received the same attention is because these are black lives in a 3rd world country. you don't agree and i couldn't care less.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:childplease: i'll say what the fukk i want to say. and it's my perception that this story hasn't received the same level of attention that other "tragedies" have. and it's also my perception that the reason this hasn't received the same attention is because these are black lives in a 3rd world country. you don't agree and i couldn't care less.

Dawg, Boko Haram has been fukking up Africa for a LONG time.

This shyt is getting way more press than I expected.

Mind you, the boat thing was big enough news that a fukking prime minister resigned.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Dawg, Boko Haram has been fukking up Africa for a LONG time.

This shyt is getting way more press than I expected.

Mind you, the boat thing was big enough news that a fukking prime minister resigned.
:stopitslime:
First off, it hasn't gotten the press it should have gotten...........and it's not even a 'water cooler' convo in America or Europe.
@bzb

2nd

In a speech on national television Sunday, almost three weeks after the girls were taken, Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan vowed to rescue the missing schoolgirls and bring them home to their families.

3rd.

There’s nothing the media loves more than a good hunt. So for the past few months, news coverage has been dominated by the hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, the hunt for survivors on the South Korean ferry accident, even the hunt for the U.S.’s 2016 presidential candidates. But when Boko Haram terrorists kidnapped more than 276 Nigerian girls from their school on the night of April 14, Wolf Blitzer and his fancy graphics were nowhere to be found.

4th.
It’s atrocious that the Nigerian government has made almost no publicized effort to find the girls. Mausi Segun, a researcher for Human Rights Watch in Nigeria, says that people who live near the group’s suspected camps haven’t seen any security forces searching for the students, nobody from the government has reached out to the families, and the government even lied and said that most of the girls had been returned.

But the media enabled the government to sweep the whole thing under the rug by ignoring the story for weeks. The kidnapping was mentioned for the first time on American nightly news on May 1, more than two weeks after the girls were taken, according to Andrew Tyndall, who runs the Tyndall Report analyzing TV news. NBC Nightly News ran the first story Thursday night, CBS ran a piece Friday morning, and ABC has been mum. The story never made the front page of the national edition of the New York Times. CNN has had a bit more coverage, but nothing approaching the coverage of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane carrying 370 passengers or the South Korean ferry accident that left over 300 people dead or missing. We only started paying close attention after salacious rumors surfaced that the girls were likely sold as child brides for as little as $12. That’s too little, too late.

By contrast, when the Malaysia Airlines jet disappeared March 8, the story was the lead story on all NBC, ABC and CBS news shows for 11 weekdays straight.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:stopitslime:
First off, it hasn't gotten the press it should have gotten...........and it's not even a 'water cooler' convo in America or Europe.
@bzb

2nd

In a speech on national television Sunday, almost three weeks after the girls were taken, Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan vowed to rescue the missing schoolgirls and bring them home to their families.

3rd.

There’s nothing the media loves more than a good hunt. So for the past few months, news coverage has been dominated by the hunt for the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, the hunt for survivors on the South Korean ferry accident, even the hunt for the U.S.’s 2016 presidential candidates. But when Boko Haram terrorists kidnapped more than 276 Nigerian girls from their school on the night of April 14, Wolf Blitzer and his fancy graphics were nowhere to be found.

4th.
It’s atrocious that the Nigerian government has made almost no publicized effort to find the girls. Mausi Segun, a researcher for Human Rights Watch in Nigeria, says that people who live near the group’s suspected camps haven’t seen any security forces searching for the students, nobody from the government has reached out to the families, and the government even lied and said that most of the girls had been returned.

But the media enabled the government to sweep the whole thing under the rug by ignoring the story for weeks. The kidnapping was mentioned for the first time on American nightly news on May 1, more than two weeks after the girls were taken, according to Andrew Tyndall, who runs the Tyndall Report analyzing TV news. NBC Nightly News ran the first story Thursday night, CBS ran a piece Friday morning, and ABC has been mum. The story never made the front page of the national edition of the New York Times. CNN has had a bit more coverage, but nothing approaching the coverage of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane carrying 370 passengers or the South Korean ferry accident that left over 300 people dead or missing. We only started paying close attention after salacious rumors surfaced that the girls were likely sold as child brides for as little as $12. That’s too little, too late.

By contrast, when the Malaysia Airlines jet disappeared March 8, the story was the lead story on all NBC, ABC and CBS news shows for 11 weekdays straight.

I'll take your word for it.

I've know about this cause I mostly rely on the internet for news.