Bourne 5 Delay Reportedly Due to Matt Damon Returning

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Bourne 5 Delay Reportedly Due to Matt Damon Returning

That Renner/Damon team-up could happen after all.

BY LUKE KARMALI 20 JUN 2014

Update: Longtime Bourne movie producer Frank Marshall has disputed claims that Matt Damon will return to the franchise for the next flick, saying "it's simply not true".

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Marshall claimed the delay was in fact down to continuing issues with the script, and not due to the original star of the films returning.

"[Director] Justin Lin is working with Andrew Baldwin on an Aaron Cross script/story that they pitched us a few months ago," he said. "I talk to Justin all the time and the script is not ready. It's a summer movie, and if we don't start preproduction now, we can't make next summer. Therefore, it's a wise decision to move to 2016."

Original story follows.

Earlier this week Universal Pictures officially announced the fifth entry in the Bourne franchise has been delayed to July 2016, though at the time a reason wasn't given. Now, it seems that's all about to change.

According to Latino-Review the real reason the studio decided to push back the film's release is because Matt Damon has agreed to return to the role of Jason Bourne.

This isn't the first time such a rumour's been mooted: Damon has said in the past thatThe Bourne Legacy meant a return for him would be difficult, though there's long been mutterings regarding a Renner/Damon team-up for Bourne 5.

What's interesting is that while Damon himself has said he'd happily return to the franchise if Paul Greengrass also came back to direct, Greengrass has always been adamant his days with the franchise are numbered; indeed, as far as we all know Fast and Furious director Justin Lin remains the man in charge of the latest production.

Though nothing is confirmed, the outlet cites Universal's decision to pit Bourne 5 up against a big hitter like Ice Age 5 as clear evidence the studio has something up its sleeve, while also claiming a recent slew of mediocre movies has helped Damon change his mind regarding the franchise. The source, though unnamed, has apparently "yet to be wrong once" in over a decade. Make of that what you will.

Until Universal breaks its silence one way or the other we'll just have to wait and see. With the movie not coming for a couple of years though, we may not hear anything for some time.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/20/bourne-5-delay-reportedly-due-to-matt-damon-returning

:whew: I'm glad their not gonna cut out Jeremy Renner from the movie. I enjoyed the fukk outta the last movie.

Last edited:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Renner is one of the worst actors i've ever seen....hated him in Avengers...hated him the bourne movie...dude sucks and his face looks like a halloween pumpkin...toss that fakkit...:camby:

glad Matt is back!!

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Frank Marshall, the movie's producer, has flat-out denied this

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Renner is one of the worst actors i've ever seen....hated him in Avengers...hated him the bourne movie...dude sucks and his face looks like a halloween pumpkin...toss that fakkit...:camby:

glad Matt is back!!

Watch 'The Town', he was pretty good in that.

Bourne is an expressionless character anyway, not a whole lot of acting to do.