BREAKING: Biden administration announces largest passenger rail investment since Amtrak creation

Daps
Now mind you out infrastrucure is fukked up. They better lay new rail lines and not try this on the old one. Otherwise there will be a horrific accident.

I’ve been pulling for this for a long time.

There should be high speed rail from Boston to Orlando Fl. That would change the economy in a year for the better.

You could work in Boston and live in Delaware. 2hr train ride each way.

Here is a proposed loop for the northeast.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
the Chicago/Indiana West Lake corridor started a few years back. They spent millions to build a new track from Chicago to Gary. They say the plan is to get the high earners from Chicago to move into Indiana quicker.

All the trains basic as fukk tho . I be on the train like :stopitslime: Always pausing because they share tracks with other trains so they gotta wait for signals.

High speed or :camby:
Chicago & northwest Indiana is basically the freight train crossroads of the country. Metra, Amtrak, south shore line have to share all that trackage with Union Pacific, BSNF, Norfolk southern etc. freight trains always get priority :manny:

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
I take the Hiawatha Amtrak between Milwaukee and Chicago a few times a month. It’s an hour 30 minutes which is ridiculous

It stops 3x in bumphuck nowhere Wisconsin & the outskirts of chi. Should be nonstop between the two cities :camby:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
The country is big as shyt though. I think people truly forget this

Like, China has the population and political will for it but still the USA is still VERY open and vast.

I’m shocked they’re finally doing the ATL to Charlotte HIGH SPEED route.

ATL needs high speed to Savannah and Tallahassee and Birmingham/Montgomery too.

Basically they could run from ATL to Dallas if they REALLY wanted to.

giphy.gif

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
Crazy . Legit didn't know Chicago,as it looks, is the hub of America. Might have to jump on a train just to see how it is. . If it's cheaper then flying then I'm all for it