Breaking Down The Details Of The Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit.

CHILLL

All Star
Daps
Alotta nikkas showin their ignorance in this thread :snoop:

Wayne getting a 10 million dollar advance SOUNDS wild but to recoup wayne has to ONLY sell a million records at 10 bucks a wop. Wayne is a superstar that sells 2-4 mil, cash money will get their money back

nikkas clownin drake sayin he only getting 10 percent. First of all yall don't know what the fukk percent that man gettin :heh:
Second of all, any nikka signed to a label as an artist and don't already have his own label ain't even getting 5 PERCENT. Your favorite artists used to get 35 cents per record, especially them NY nikkas :mjlol:

At 10 percent If drake sell a mil he gettin a mil off a royalty check. 99 percent of these rap nikkas aint NEVER seen no mil off a royalty check in their lives :mjcry:
nikkas dont want to hear the truth
theres a thread of shyne dissing drake in 2012 thats big but shyne recenty said he fukk with drake and that thread got 3 replies people rather live a fantasy that these rappers hurting than hear the truth
makes em feel better

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:mjcry: 5 Star Post!
Drake ..Wayne and Nikki are NOT brands

They are nothing more than unregulated SHELL COMPANIES for any opportunistic investor

Wayne made a terrible mistake. He had 2 gold mines outside of himself. And he let all the vultures latch on. But in Wayne's defense, he was drugged out of mind in the recording studio day in and day out while Baby and Slim were the real masterminds. I get what you are saying that they aren't "Brands" but I'd argue they are Brands just based on how many people eating. I hope Wayne, Drake and Nicki get away. It seems Nicki is the least one that not's getting as screwed as Drake and Wayne were. Wayne should of taken Drake and Nicki to a whole different company and label outside Baby and Slim but he let them talk him into bringing them to his "Young money" imprint which was really just an extra Bank Account for Baby and Slim.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The saddest part is let's say Wayne, Drake and Nicki all leave but they don't move the units or songs they did with "Young/Cash Money" ?
Remember all those same people I listed are eating off the Publishing too.

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
The saddest part is let's say Wayne, Drake and Nicki all leave but they don't move the units or songs they did with "Young/Cash Money" ?
Remember all those same people I listed are eating off the Publishing too.

not to mention, many would argue that Wayne is past his prime. Minaj's future looks a lil shaky and I wouldn't be surprised if she ventures into acting or something else. Female hip hop artists just don't have long careers. :yeshrug:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
not to mention, many would argue that Wayne is past his prime. Minaj's future looks a lil shaky and I wouldn't be surprised if she ventures into acting or something else. Female hip hop artists just don't have long careers. :yeshrug:

Drake clearly has the brightest future but I can see him doing less Rap and moving closer to "R&B". Nicki gimmick been wore thin. Missy came out at the Super Bowl and this generation was shocked there was another Female Rapper, lol. Wayne is good cause he's a 'Name Brand' but the problem with Wayne is he has completely OVERSATURATED the market. This nergo has been on over 150 Collabo SINGLES not album cuts SINGLES. Wayne is damn near on everyone's sh!t. So though I think he can sell outside of Cash Money, I don't know if he's moving "Carter" units again. Wayne and Nicki are both pretty much Gold artist now. I also think Drake's suprirse album isn't going to have huge staying power on the charts which is why he didn't care that it was released, he just wanted off Cash Money and wanted to eat off the mixtape somehow instead of giving it for free. .

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This can't be overlooked. Wayne is a functioning addict. It's likely he doesn't have much money due to expenses, which is why Baby has gotten away with handing him 1mil gifts. 1mil is nothing to Baby, but Wayne? That's money for lawyers over his past cases and drugs.

Wayne was never a boss. You can't be one while constantly high. Who knows what type of shyt Baby has had him sign while under the influence. I bet Wayne owes them many more albums. And he won't have the money for a prolonged legal fight. CM will drag this out as long as possible to bleed him. And then one day we'll see a video of Baby and Wayne settling things...with Baby giving him 1mil, or a new car. It's a cycle...

Anyone know if Wayne is still on lean? Because yall know the most lucrative way for this to end for Baby is for Wayne to overdose. Then his albums will be able to sell off that legend buzz like Pac.

:what:

Marl0 Stanfield

Yeshua Ben YHWH
Daps
Reppin
Ojala
Album sales an

:yeshrug::manny::upsetfavre::ld: He's right. Albums go multi based on people not only buying copies for themselves, but for family and friends as well. You know damn well you ain't gon run out to cop physical copies of Wayne's catalogue if this nikka puts the pipe down and starts juicing like Jack Lalane. But if he does a remixed
Version of his bizarre lean overd0ses (:snoop: fukk was that about anyhow lol I love teh forum went totally silent on that whole debacle too. If that were Hov or NaSdaq them nikkas would be feeding chickens in Bolivia to this day) or gets shot by Beatr-- :merchant::huhldup:errrr I mean some random hating ass nikkas he had fought earlier that evening, then EVERYONE will rush the st0res for his physical catalogue.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2vvjsxf.jpg

:mjcry:

:wow:

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
call people ignorant and then make a post that is TOTALLY WRONG brehs :dwillhuh:

first off... you get your money AFTER you pay back EVERYTHING.... so no... wayne will not sell 1 million, therefore generating the 10 mil back

wayne will be advanced 8 million... after releasing the album, he won't get ANOTHER check until every dollar of that 8 million is earned back.... and here's the key..... in PROFIT

you spent 30 million to make an album, make back 10 mil... well you just lost 20 and you'll never see another check. And when it comes down to it, since you didn't recoup your money, you actually owe the label the money spent of you

Welcome to music 101

Secondly. Drake gives up 1/3 of his earnings. NOT album money. All earnings. That beautiful 360 deal. So stop

Our fav rappers were doing the same I just told you about. They get an advance and owe it, and album costs, back to the label. AFTER you turn a profit, then they get the 35 cents an album. Then everything else they made money off WAS 100% THEIRS

So again. Unless you know what drake gets an album, you have no clue he makes more than 35 cent. Matter of fact he doesn't either. Since baby never told him a single penny that he made. But whatever he did make. After profits are made. Then Wayne comes back and snatches third of his PROFIT. Not gross

Nobody blaming them. These are standard deals. Well not the third. But they pretty much how all these deal are set up

Sorry to destroy your fantasies about all these dudes being super rich with the best deals in the game
seppuku-o.gif

:wow: