BREAKING: Jay-Z x Roc Nation launch TV production division

ReasonableMatic

Daps
a8979b76efd752aaad673c3048d31cdf.jpg

patrick-reardon.jpg

Patrick Reardon will head the new department. He comes over from The Weinstein Company.
Jay-Z’s Roc Nation is launching a television production division to be headed by Weinstein Co. alum Patrick Reardon.

As Roc Nation’s exec VP of scripted and unscripted television, Reardon will be responsible for building and running the TV department, focusing on developing and producing premium scripted and unscripted content. Reardon is a veteran producer and executive who had served as exec VP and co-head of Weinstein Co.’s TV department since 2015.

Roc Nation’s recent TV and film projects include Spike TV’s “Time: The Kalief Browder Story,” which has earned a Peabody award this year, and the upcoming “Rest in Power: The Trayvon Martin Story,” which just premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival. Both were executive produced by Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter. Future television endeavors include an unscripted series with Amazon.

“Roc Nation is such an influential and dynamic company. I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to work with them as they expand their brand into television,” Reardon said.

Reardon’s arrival follows the recent announcement that Phil McIntyre, longtime manager for Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato, had been named President of Management at Roc Nation. The entertainment firm founded by Jay-Z in 2008 represents Rihanna, DJ Khaled, Mariah Carey, J. Cole, Van Jones, Angie Martinez and a slew of additional artists, personalities and sports stars.

Jay-Z’s Roc Nation Launches Television Division (EXCLUSIVE)

:jbhmm:If Joe Budden is smart he'll try to get with Roc Nation since he has concepts that work on TV

ReasonableMatic

Daps
TV is super risky to jump into in the internet age...Revolt is struggling. Hopefully they just make it a premium channel like STARZ
It's not a channel that they're launching breh..

It's a TV Production division.

So let's say Joe Budden creates a new Everyday Struggle concept.
They can SELL that concept to channels anywhere in the world that want to have it.
Not just the US, but also Europe, Asia etc

For example: Dancing With The Stars is a concept. It's simply sold globally

There is a ton of money to be made in TV production

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
TV is super risky to jump into in the internet age...Revolt is struggling. Hopefully they just make it a premium channel like STARZ

It's not a channel, it's a production company. They can create content and sell it to Netflix, Hulu etc. If things go as planned.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I wonder how the partnership between Jay and Live Nation works...

When they frame it as "Jay's Roc Nation". Does that mean that he owns the company? Or is that something that they're doing for the headline
I've always been confused why people worry so much about this. Why does the percentage of ownership matter in this context? Jay could open a charity giving a million kids a full ride to college and people would be on some " I wonder how much of that charity he owns? Probably like 3%:stopitslime:"

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

its just the tv market is just oversaturated. like who has time to consume all this media that's out. between network, cable and sports, plus netflix, hulu and amazon. and then if u got showtime and HBO, you can basically watch tv til the cows come home and not even scratch the surface. plus I watch shyt on youtube and it seems like there's never enough time in a day.

I couldn't even tell u what channel revolt is. I never watch it.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I've always been confused why people worry so much about this. Why does the percentage of ownership matter in this context? Jay could open a charity giving a million kids a full ride to college and people would be on some " I wonder how much of that charity he owns? Probably like 3%:stopitslime:"

Your argument is terrible