Breaking news: Helicopter Carrying Iran’s President Crashed and is missing (Edit: Iran President Ebrahim Raisi dead at age 63)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I was thinking about this, as the US is trying to get a 3-way deal that involves Saudis-Israel having talks, a path to a Palestinian State and some stuff for the US. Maybe this person wouldn't be down with this plan.

Iran is a major enemy of all three of USA, Saudi, and Israel, so why would Iran's president have anything to say about that?

If this incident has any foreign involvement (which I doubt, considering weather conditions), then the first motive I'd assume is simple revenge/punishment rather than any specific strategic aim. It's hard to imagine whoever replaces this guy being in a position to be "softer" on Iran's enemies immediately after one of Iran's enemies was killed.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I was thinking about this, as the US is trying to get a 3-way deal that involves Saudis-Israel having talks, a path to a Palestinian State and some stuff for the US. Maybe this person wouldn't be down with this plan.

He was put in place by the Ayatollah he doesn't hold real power. I can't remember if it was f24 or the NYT but one of their guests speculated that maybe he had hoped to replace Khamenei when he died but idk enough about their internal process. He wasn't a very pleasant person from what I take it.

edit: also they're all likely dead if they even survived the crash, I'm pretty sure I saw snow in some of videos they're playing

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
Oh joy, just when the region was getting some stability. I don’t think this changes anything, the Clerics still vet however replaces him. If they aren’t on the same page then that may be something.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
The world's a better place without him. He was a brutal Islamist dictator that had dissenters and women that didn't want to wear hijabs executed by the state. He supported Russia's brutal invasion of Ukraine by selling them arms, plunged the Iranian people into deeper economic despair, and destabilized the Middle East by supporting Shia proxies across Iraq, Syria, Yemen, and Lebanon.

I know Israel isn't popular on this forum; I get it. Doesn't mean Iran or its regime are "the good guys". Not by a longshot.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The world's a better place without him. He was a brutal Islamist dictator that had dissenters and women that didn't want to wear hijabs executed by the state. He supported Russia's brutal invasion of Ukraine by selling them arms, plunged the Iranian people into deeper economic despair, and destabilized the Middle East by supporting Shia proxies across Iraq, Syria, Yemen, and Lebanon.

I know Israel isn't popular on this forum; I get it. Doesn't mean Iran or its regime are "the good guys". Not by a longshot.
And to think he was actually considered to be a moderate by Iran's standards

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

This is the impact I'm interested in seeing going forward.