BREAKING: Toronto Raptors fire Dwane Casey

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
They were 17-5 without kawhi last year. Everything about their team changed with Nurse as head coach.

He still is refusing to start wood. Theyre going to lose Wood for sure.

Hes fukkn Sekou's development up...inconsistent minutes.Casey is the worst thing for a young player like that who doesnt fit in a traditional box.

If Casey was proactive he would have been playing Doumbouya and Wood more mins from the outset...instead he was stapling them to the bench in order to give his middling mediocre vets minutes and lead them to a 16-35 record....Casey absolutely stinks with young players and development.

Siakam didnt start playing real meaningful mins without training wheels and developing til after he left...and Sekou will do the same...

Oh definitely. Wood's good as gone. Casey still plays his favorites even if it's clear they're not producing.

Remember Casey's obsession with Alan fukkin Anderson and giving that bum 35 mins a game? Holy shyt, what a nightmare that was

:mjlol: where the fukk is bebe?

Bahrain.

boombanoo

All Star
Daps
This is a super pro black/anti
-white forum obviously.

nikkas here might even think Gregg Popovich is a downgrade from Michael Curry

Show me one thread on here with people taking a victory lap over a winning white coach getting fired and wanting him out the league :unimpressed:

Go on any thread on here when a black-coached team with a winning record loses some games and it's always trying to get them fired to "find a Kerr", from Nate McMillan to Alvin Gentry to even Doc it's the same.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you watch game 3,it wasnt a bounce that decided the game.....Raps were in control most of the game,took control of the game in OT and 2OT and won,if anything we made it closer by missing shots....Only game or series decided by a bounce was 2nd round game 7.....

ECF games 3-6 were all decisive victories.

Breh you can't count a double OT game as a decisive victory. Any game that goes into OT is a bounce or missed/made shot away from being a win for either team. MIL had a shot to win in either regulation or OT and fukked it up.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Breh you can't count a double OT game as a decisive victory. Any game that goes into OT is a bounce or missed/made shot away from being a win for either team. MIL had a shot to win in either regulation or OT and fukked it up.

I re watched it,they were in control of it,there was no bounces or missed shot that almost lost them the game...they were ahead through out and dominated the action....we were the aggressors in both OTs,MIL had no shot....and they played like they was getting ready for game 4...

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I re watched it,they were in control of it,there was no bounces or missed shot that almost lost them the game...they were ahead through out and dominated the action....we were the aggressors in both OTs,MIL had no shot....and they played like they was getting ready for game 4...

How do you dominate the action yet got to OT twice breh? Maybe I am remembering incorrectly but I recall a play where MIL had a shot to win it and they missed and then got the rebound and fukked up the putback or the FTs or something like that. Once again, could be remembering wrong :manny:.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
How do you dominate the action yet got to OT twice breh? Maybe I am remembering incorrectly but I recall a play where MIL had a shot to win it and they missed and then got the rebound and fukked up the FTs. Once again, could be remembering wrong :manny:.

Bucks never had a single shot to win the game in regulation or in OT....Raps did and Kawhi took a bad fadeaway.

You can dominate a game and it get to OT lol....You take ur foot off the gas too long and then cant get the momentum back.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bucks never had a single shot to win the game in regulation or in OT....Raps did and Kawhi took a bad fadeaway.

You can dominate a game and it get to OT lol....You take ur foot off the gas too long and then cant get the momentum back.

ie not dominant and decisive.

Brosef

I respect O.G. knowledge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Casey implied in one of his interviews that a lot of the Raps current schemes are his making. Was a bit of a slight at Nurse

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Casey implied in one of his interviews that a lot of the Raps current schemes are his making. Was a bit of a slight at Nurse

Its actually the opposite lol...the schemes Casey was using were Nurse's,problem is Nick didnt have control over what players played...

I bet Casey lowkey is mad as fukk right now,guy who replaced him wins a title the year after he leaves then wins COY the year after that lol...

The motion offense the Raps started using in 2017-18 was Nurse moving the ball and out of DeRozan hands in isolation.That was the year DeMar's usage and PPG went noticeably down,if you remember in alot of the big wins we had that year guys like Van Vleet,Norm and JV had bigger offensive numbers...then in the playoffs it was Casey that started going back to more isolation offense that ultimately resulted in DD getting benched cuz he couldnt score on LeBron switches....Nurse was giving him a GP but he always reverted back to pounding the rock...

Last edited:

Brosef

I respect O.G. knowledge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Its actually the opposite lol...the schemes Casey was using were Nurse's,problem is Nick didnt have control over what players played...

I bet Casey lowkey is mad as fukk right now,guy who replaced him wins a title the year after he leaves then wins COY the year after that lol...

The motion offense the Raps started using in 2017-18 was Nurse moving the ball and out of DeRozan hands in isolation.That was the year DeMar's usage and PPG went noticeably down,if you remember in alot of the big wins we had that year guys like Van Vleet,Norm and JV had bigger offensive numbers...then in the playoffs it was Casey that started going back to more isolation offense that ultimately resulted in DD getting benched cuz he couldnt score on LeBron switches....Nurse was giving him a GP but he always reverted back to pounding the rock...

Agree it was reverting to the iso ball why the Raps kept hitting a wall in the playoffs. Now whether it was Nurse or Casey that was getting the rest of the team involved will be a point of contention. Yeah Casey gotta be fuming from his dumpster fire team and city

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Agree it was reverting to the iso ball why the Raps kept hitting a wall in the playoffs. Now whether it was Nurse or Casey that was getting the rest of the team involved will be a point of contention. Yeah Casey gotta be fuming from his dumpster fire team and city

Casey was starting Ibaka and valuciunas let's not forget

Casey had the bench mob yet no idea how to use it
Literally two years later

3/5 of the former bench mob are starting and Powell is one of the best NBA 6th men