Brooklyn rapper Nas Blixky decides to abandon his stage name after gun ambush put him in hospital

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Brooklyn rapper Nas Blixky is alive after a gun ambush last week that wounded him in the back and legs and left him determined to abandon his stage name, his family says.

Blixky — whose real name is Nasir Fisher — decided that the price of laying tracks about guns and violence and dissing rival emcees on bass-driven beats is much too high, say relatives.

Fisher plans to walk away from that life, though walking is something he has struggled with since he was shot Jan. 27 along Rogers Avenue in Prospect Lefferts Gardens.

Cops said Fisher, 22, was shot in the back and the leg around 9:30 a.m. and taken to Kings County Hospital in stable condition. No arrests have been made.

His parents said he was ambushed by rivals after a round of bitter trash talking on social media.

“He simply had an argument on Facebook and the internet,” said Fisher’s stepfather, who did not want to give his name. “He said when he came out of the store they were waiting for him. He was in a kill box. There were two or three of them surrounding him. It was an ambush. He was shot multiple times.”

Fisher’s mother, Dana Maunday, 54, a home health aide, said Fisher managed to escape with his life.

“He was at his son’s mother’s house the night before,” Maunday said. “He dropped his 3-year-old son off at school and he went to buy a sandwich. He saw the gunman on the other side of the street, pointing a gun right at him. He ran for his life. There were two or three of them. They ambushed him.”

“It’s ridiculous,” she said. “They’re rapping back and forth. I can’t understand how someone can come around and shoot you.”

Maunday said social media has been mistakenly buzzing about Nas Blixky’s death, perhaps confusing him with a similarly-named rapper Nick Blixky, 21, who was shot and killed in the same neighborhood in May 2020.

But if the internet thinks Nas Blixky is dead, that’s fine with them and Fisher, who is content to leave him buried.

“He’s doing much better,” the stepfather said. “On Facebook they’re saying he’s dead but he’s still alive. The rapper Nas Blixky is dead. The stage name is gone.”

So is Fisher’s connection to drill music, a rap genre rooted in violent and gritty street life, and characterized by a grim and deadpan delivery. Even the word “blixky” is slang for gun.

Lu Blixky, another who used the slang gun word in his name, was shot to death in 2020 in Brownsville. His real name was Luis Caballero, and he died at age 22.

“Many people want him dead,” the stepfather said. “I told him he’s better than that. You want him dead? He’s dead. He’ll be back with better music and better lyrics.”

In the meantime, Fisher has a long road to recovery.

“He’s going to make it,” Maunday said. “He’s out of the ICU. He’s already had two surgeries, one in his colon, one in his lungs. He said he saw death. He asked, ‘Mommy, am I going to live?’”

Maunday said Fisher’s toughest moment in recovery was having to face his little boy.

“His son saw him in the hospital and said ‘My daddy is sick,’” Maunday said. “How is a 3-year-old supposed to deal with that? These guns are scaring me. We need to get together as one. We really need to get these guns off the street.”

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Props to him but will all the opps he’s dissed care?:francis:
He needs to leave New York because I don’t think he realizes that gang shyt is something you can just up and quit especially when you were doing that super disrespectful drill shyt. But again props to him for changing his life. :francis:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I don’t wanna be a thug no more

he turned his life around

but let him know when we catch him

we still gon kill ‘em

“We Got Beef” Uncle Murda
Early Uncle Murda was so raw on wax:wow:
(01:00)

We make nikkas say
"I don't wanna be a thug no mo' :to:
I ain't holdin guns I ain't sellin drugs no mo'" :sadbron:
They don't care who laughin at em,!to them it ain't funny :russ:
They like "Mannn, I ain't tryna die for this money :sadcam:

GMG almost KILLED me last night :merchant:
That made me realize how much I appreciate life :blessed:
And I ain't taking nuffin for granted, I ain't tryna get hit up no mo' with that cannon :noah:
Cotdamnit!
Them nikkas can have that block, it ain't worth it, them nikkas can have that guap shyttt :sadbron:
I'm just tryna raise my kids, I hope God forgive me for all the dirt I did :ohlawd:
I'm tired of watchin my back, I'm movin outta town
I'm taking the wife and kids I'm gonna settle down"
:francis:
He turned his life around, we got that nikka chillin :ahh:
Let em know when we catch em, we STILL gon kill
em :demonic: -
We Got Beef

Mannn Debo Brown and Murda's adlibs are hilarious :dead:
EAST NEW YAWK!!! :salute:

Nas Blixky better stay on his toes cause them savages out there :francis:

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Crazy! I been following this kids career since he did that interview with Zack TV. Seemed stupid and on drugs but looked like he started to realise how serious the street shyt is

It always happens when you least expect it

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
So he wasn't shot in the head at all?

this sounds good but if I can recall Tupac once said "Thug Life was dead" and that he was going to turn over a new leaf while he was in Prison

then he got out of jail and dropped Hit Em Up

So I'll believe it when i see breh start rapping like Common

:patrice:

Technology thug life was dead because he released Rated R and Macadoshis from their contracts and Syke and Mopreme became Outlawz instead :troll: