Bu bu LeBron couldn't play in the OLD SCHOOL... :stopitslime:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Bu bu but LeBron played in a soft era

Dog, nikkas kill me with that B.S., it's like they forget LeBron was drafted in 2003. Back in those days cacs used to look at the NBA as a "thug league" on some :mjpls: due to the physicality on the court, the hip-hop fashion that took over the dress code, and the off the court stuff some players got into. This is the era of the infamous Malice in the Palace brawl and later on Knicks-Nuggets brawls. LeBron didn't come into some "soft" league, he put up numbers in the worst period for offense in NBA history out the gate as a teenager.

So how the fukk are we going to say that LeBron couldn't play or wouldn't be as effective in the '80's and '90's that B.S. needs to stop now and I'm tired of it being parroted on this board, on social media, and by sports outlets. It's ludicrous, dead ass. Let's just look at some numbers to show you the difference in league between the one LBJ came into and the one MJ came into.

As an 18 year old rookie LeBron averaged 21/6/6 on 41/29/75 splits in this league...
2003 NBA: 102.9 defensive rating
2003 NBA: 43.9% FG
2003 NBA: 90 possessions per game
2003 NBA: 79.04 inches, 220 lb. (average player)

As a 21 year old rookie Michael Jordan averaged 28/6/6 on 51/17/85 splits in this league...
1984 NBA: 108 offensive rating
1984 NBA: 49% FG
1984 NBA: 102.1 possessions per game
1984 NBA: 78.95 inches, 206 lb. (average player)

It's literally night and day between both leagues.

2017 NBA: 109 defensive rating
2017 NBA: 46% FG
2017 NBA: 96.5 possessions per game
2017 NBA: 79 inches, 221 lb. (average player)

This handchecking non-sense needs to stop there is no proof that it actually deterred NBA offenses. Jordan did not play under handchecking, handchecking rules were first brought up in 1979. It allowed for players to handcheck as long as they weren't impeding forward movement. In 1994 the handchecking rules were again edited banning it from the half court stripe to the opposite foul line. In 2004 handchecking was removed completely. In Jordan's day handchecking fouls were indeed called. However, even today it is one of the most ignored calls in the NBA, a handchecking foul could be called on almost every single play.

Steph Curry may be the most handchecked player of All-Time both on and off ball actually, it is impossible to guard him without touching him. LeBron played in an era with zone defenses and remnants of handchecking, with bigger/better athletes, much lower pace and put up 21/6/6 as a teenager so how would he not be able to hang in the old days?

I don't wanna hear about this ever again :heh:

If you want more FACTS, watch that video credit to @Damnshow

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
LeBron, Kobe, KD, Melo dominance in the 80's :banderas:

KD is literally a taller Gervin with an elite three ball :damn:

Young Melo is a more athletic Bernard King with three point range :damn:

Kobe is a slightly less athletic, but slightly more skilled Mike :hubie:

Last edited:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Yeah im ol school...but not a dummy sports fan boy....as much as i love MJ I know damn well a lot of middle of the road players today like (Rudy Gay, LaMarcus Aldridge, Melo etc. would beast in the 80s and 90s with the rules and all........ its just progress. ..although the greats of the past did not really have a lot of access to the types of training and diets of todays athelete. hell those injuries that used to derail careers are now six week injuries, so really we dont know. but based on projecting today's highly trained and specialized athletes I'd say its safe to say hell yeah they would beast....But u couldn't say Larry Bird couldn't make it today. He would have access to the best back doctors $$$$ can buy in today's world and access to all I stated earlier in my post sooo.... But yeah LeBron is up there in "Rare Air" with MJ, and us stans gotta deal with that. Be smart about it

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:camby: foh with that mixtape of Lebron flops
29-Camron-NP.gif

You can't be serious

Last edited: