Buhari Watch

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
And an embarrassment to Nigeria. Oya! We dey see where he shall take us.

Na wa o

Will keep my eye on this thread, last time I was in the country all and sundry(at least where I was) disliked him

EDIT:

That video was in response to this?

Last edited:

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
Damn haven't been following news about him since he got elected.

I remember how it was supposed to be a new day with him in office.

Fighting corruption, Boko-Haram, bringing the girls back, getting rid of Good luck Jonathan, etc

What happened?:ohhh::lupe:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Damn haven't been following news about him since he got elected.

I remember how it was supposed to be a new day with him in office.

Fighting corruption, Boko-Haram, bringing the girls back, getting rid of Good luck Jonathan, etc

What happened?:ohhh::lupe:

That's a good question. Here's a blog on it:

And another:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Damn... I REALLY need to up my knowledge on modern Nigerian history. Just found out this guy was a former military dictator. Did Nigeria really just elect a former military dictator????:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Yes. Nigeria is in its Fourth Republic. The first President of the Fourth Republic was a former military ruler. Olusegun Obasanjo.

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
Damn... I REALLY need to up my knowledge on modern Nigerian history. Just found out this guy was a former military dictator. Did Nigeria really just elect a former military dictator????:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I watched the lead up to the election and many thought that he'd learned his lesson, and embraced democracy. Plus, he was seen as a figure that could tackle Boko Haram and corruption more effectively, tougher than GLJ was (this guy was seen as weak and incompetent.)

His wife was also a plus over the former 1st lady, from what I've seen on nairaland and youtube comments.

You could say he was looked at as a strong man, one that would give the country some tough love.

Guess it backfired.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I watched the lead up to the election and many thought that he'd learned his lesson, and embraced democracy. Plus, he was seen as a figure that could tackle Boko Haram and corruption more effectively, tougher than GLJ was (this guy was seen as weak and incompetent.)

His wife was also a plus over the former 1st lady, from what I've seen on nairaland and youtube comments.

You could say he was looked at as a strong man, one that would give the country some tough love.

Guess it backfired.

Craziest thing I ever heard...

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Buhari flew to Germany thinking that it would be a simple mission of begging and receiving aid. However, Merkel stated that they'd give Nigeria aid in exchange of the Nigerian government discouraging migrants from going to Germany. Buhari's propagandists claim that he received 18 billion euros of aid. The actual figure was 18 million euros.