Build the team Bron needs to compete with the Warriors

Slangtonomo

Formerly Slang Dussain Ali
Daps
Reppin
www.weohh.com
Pg - Average skills but enough height and speed to guard Curry. Clarkson good enough.

SG - A good spot up shooter but can slash and catch lobs. Hood good enough.

SF - Time to move bron. Needs a good athletic 3 with length. Need be able to shoot the 3 too.

PF - Is Brons new spot.

C - Need a good athletic, young C who can run but guard the rim too like Capella.

The Cavs needed a 3 with some height and dog in him to guard Durant. Someone like a pg13.

Bron need some high flyers to get the best from him. When he had a young Wade is when he was happiest. He likes throwing lobs to athletic guys. If you don't have a team of shooters, you better have a team of slashers, flyers, and runners.

That cavs team is all wrong for the warriors. Bron needs his running partner, same as jordan needed pippen. You always need your run partner and JR just isn't it. He actually would have done better with shumpert.

Bron needs a certified star who isn't intimidated by him.

Noah

All Star
Daps
If we can just pick anyone in the league while keeping it sort of realistic -

PG: Jrue Holiday
SG: Danny Green
SF: Bron
PF: Kevin Love
C: Clint Capela
But if I had to drop him off on a team, I'd want him to go to San Antonio :yeshrug: Who knows if even then they could take Golden State but you can't count out Pop and Bron :banderas:

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
If everyone has to be tailored to his game specifically and there is no other system to play in, I am not sure there is a team for him that will "compete" with the Warriors. On the Spurs, he would have to significantly lower his usage rate. Seems doubtful he'd want to do that.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Pg - Average skills but enough height and speed to guard Curry. Clarkson good enough.

SG - A good spot up shooter but can slash and catch lobs. Hood good enough.

SF - Time to move bron. Needs a good athletic 3 with length. Need be able to shoot the 3 too.

PF - Is Brons new spot.

C - Need a good athletic, young C who can run but guard the rim too like Capella.

The Cavs needed a 3 with some height and dog in him to guard Durant. Someone like a pg13.

Bron need some high flyers to get the best from him. When he had a young Wade is when he was happiest. He likes throwing lobs to athletic guys. If you don't have a team of shooters, you better have a team of slashers, flyers, and runners.

That cavs team is all wrong for the warriors. Bron needs his running partner, same as jordan needed pippen. You always need your run partner and JR just isn't it. He actually would have done better with shumpert.

Bron needs a certified star who isn't intimidated by him.

PG: Clarkson isn't good enough because he has horrible bball IQ. Otherwise you're right - PG only needs to be average with decent defense
SG: Hood has adequate skills, but needs to show me a LOT more on the mental end
SF: Agreed - he really needs a solid 3-and-D guy here
PF: Yes, this is where Bron belongs at this stage of his career
C: Exactly, what they need here is a mobile rim protector

Lebron doesn't need stars, or at least no more than one other star, to "compete". What he needs is simply guys who can play both ways and know their role.

However, that would just be to "compete." There's too great a chance of Durant/Curry/Klay going off in any particular game. To actually be the favorite against the Warriors, I think he would need to either have a teammate who could do the same, or absolutely elite shooters/defenders.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If everyone has to be tailored to his game specifically and there is no other system to play in, I am not sure there is a team for him that will "compete" with the Warriors.
Welp, good thing that's not one of the necessary requirements then. :stopitslime:

Did ya'all already forget that Bron ran in a completely different system in Miami? (Not to mention the 2012 Olympics, as someone recently pointed out.) And you also forget that Lebron already BEAT the 73-win Warriors with a 7-man rotation that included JR, Shump, TT, Jefferson, and a concussed Love?

Hell, you want to run Lebron's current ball-dominant system, just switch him out with Harden and he beats the Warriors. :ehh:

Lebron passing out to Gordon/CP3/Ariza/Tucker for threes with Capela holding things down in the middle and Ariza/Tucker taking on defensive tasks too? :wow:

Harden not there to choke away every big game? :obama:

The pick-and-rolls and two-man game that CP3 and Lebron would run. :blessed:

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Also needs a great bench.

The dynamic of Curry/Klay is very different from Curry/Livingston which is very different from Livingston/Curry, where they can also go Curry/Klay/Livingston

The thing is, it's not only about the one-to-one mapping of matchups at positions, but how the roster fits together at those positions and how they counter their opponents' lineups.

KD can take the role of SF but can also double as a SG or PF depending on the lineup. Klay can be the SG/SF, but can also check the PG. Curry can be PG/SG. Draymond can go full out point forward, defensive stopper and on his good days another spot-up shooter.

Because of that, they can mix and match better than other teams, they're versatile and they're deep. They can shapeshift their roster to form a counter, attack a weakness or protect themselves. Think about how Mcgee has played key minutes in the Finals, but played nearly zero minutes against the Rockets. Then if one of their guys gets hot, that introduces another vast set of options they have.

Then to add to all of that, the team has a ton of chemistry.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Put him on the Spurs. With Pop as his coach and with K Leonard they take down the Warriors.
Popovich has to go though. His way of coaching with 2 slow ass 7 footers aint working in today's NBA and he refuses to change.

Aimé

Verified
Daps
find a way to incorporate Bron into Nawlins..:wow:
I just want that to work

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
PG - Spider Man
SG - Bullseye
SF - Bron
PF - Juggernaut
C - Groot

PG Isiah Thomas
SG Wade
SF - Bron
PF - Love
C - Capella

Bench

PG Rose
SG Kyle Kover
SF Crowder
PF - TT for hustle
C - No idea

I always thought if the old Cavs before the trade would gel they would be better for the playoffs simply for the fact that team had more guys who knew their role. I Thomas is a scorer, takes the pressure off bron and gets to the paint. Wade is a reliable backup 2 who can post up well and shot well in the paint, he's the guy to go to when the other teams go on a run, he's there to calm the game down and show leadership. Rose gets in the paint and tries to score or dish, Crowder is the wing defender. Love can stay more on the outside and shoot, yes rebounding takes a hit but Cavs need to space the floor better. TT and Crowder bang

Kover comes off screens, JR sees the bench and I think that squad would probably do better against GS since GS is weak at the point (curry defensively) and the 5 is weak, getting into the paint is key.

Maybe I'm tripping but I thought the new squad just makes bron work more.