Busta Rhymes Cancels New Tour One Week before First Show in San Francisco

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
Music

Busta Rhymes Quietly Cancels His ‘Blockbusta Tour’ Just Days Before It Was Supposed To Start​

BUSTARHYMES-c44ca027-e9e2-421d-9a0e-ee6c8b5b0a00.png

Derrick Rossignol
DERRICK ROSSIGNOLMUSIC NEWS EDITOR

MARCH 6, 2024
One week from today (March 6) was supposed to mark the start of Busta Rhymes’ Blockbusta Tour. It appears that is no longer happening, though, but we didn’t hear it from Busta himself.
As USA Today reported at around 4 p.m. ET yesterday (March 5), all of the Blockbusta Tour dates are now listed as “cancelled” on the Ticketmaster website. No reason is listed: Ticket pages for individual shows say simply, “Unfortunately, the Event Organizer has had to cancel your event,” along with information about refunds for those who have already purchased tickets.
Rhymes has yet to address the cancellation, despite posting a promo video for his Blockbusta album on Instagram hours after the USA Today report.
Check out the affected dates (all of them) below.

Busta Rhymes 2024 Tour Dates: Blockbusta Tour(Canceled)​

03/13 — San Francisco, CA @ The Masonic
03/15 — Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Palladium
03/16 — Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
03/17 — San Diego, CA @ SOMA
03/19 — Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
03/20 — Phoenix, AZ @ The Van Buren
03/22 — Denver, CO Fillmore Auditorium
03/24 — Dallas, TX @ South Side Ballroom
03/26 — Austin, TX @ Stubb’s Waller Creek Amphitheater
03/28 — Houston, TX @ 713 Music Hall
03/30 — Atlanta, GA @ Coca Cola Roxy
04/01 — Orlando, FL @ House of Blues
04/02 — Miami Beach, FL @ Fillmore Miami Beach At Jackie Gleason Theatre
04/04 — Raleigh, NC @ The Ritz
04/05 — Charlotte, NC @ The Fillmore Charlotte
04/07 — Philadelphia, PA @ The Fillmore Philadelphia
04/08 — Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore Silver Spring
04/09 — Boston, MA @ House of Blues
04/11 — Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore Detroit
04/12 — Toronto, ON @ HISTORY
04/14 — Chicago, IL @ Radius Chicago
04/17 — Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works
04/18 — Cincinnati, OH @ Andrew Bradley Music Center
04/21 — Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Paramount

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...

Busta Rhymes admits he almost died from bad health habits​

Look at him now

Busta-rhymes-press-photo-billboard-1548.jpg

Photo credit Getty Images

By Maia Kedem, Audacy

In a recent interview with Van Jones for his YouTube show The Messy Truth, Busta Rhymes revealed he almost died due to unhealthy habits, explaining how and why things got so bad and what pulled him out of his health slump, inspiring him to turn things around and get fit.
After his father’s passing, Busta admitted that he “kinda stopped giving a f*** about a few things.” And even though his parent hadn’t been together for over thirty years, having to watch his mom deal with the loss as well was beyond difficult. “My moms and him didn’t actually get to reconcile before he past, and she took that hard.”
Dealing with watching him leave and deal with watching her go through that pain” all posed to be too much and ultimately what led to lack of concern for his health. “I just started drinking and smoking crazy, eating crazy, and I got out of shape really bad.” The rapper went from about 267 pounds to 340 pounds, and it felt like 340 pounds. Busta admitted it got to a point where he started to hear it, revealing “I had breathing issues, I ended up on two blood pressure medicines, I wasn’t really driven to do anything outside of what I had to do to take care of my family.”
And no matter what he was hearing from outside parties, Busta remained unconcerned. Having said that, Busta recalled two instances that ultimately let him to want to get his health back on track. The first being an occurrence, Busta was with his son. After a long night of partying after a successful video shoot for his song “Czar,” during their ride home Busta’s son witnessed his father experience sleep apnea. “I’m in the car and I go to sleep, and I’m snoring crazy,” he recounts. “And it gets to this point where I’m trying to inhale, and not I’m able to inhale… My son got so scared that he talked to the security about this fear that he had.”

The next day, after his security pulled him aside to express his sons concerns, it became a turning point for Busta, knowing that he has to do something. Admitting, “my son was so scared of how he was gonna hurt my feelings by having this conversation with me directly that he had to tell someone else to tell me. That s*** f***** me up, I just felt like I was letting my son down, I felt like I was letting a lot of people down.”

However, Busta didn’t immediately start training after that. It wasn’t until Busta paid a visit to the doctor with concerns of voice loss, which led him to find out he he’d developed polyps (abnormal tissue growths) in his throat. Rhymes divulged that his doctor told him, “your polyps grew so big that it blocked 90 percent of your breathing passage and if I send you home tonight and you sleep under the AC and catch a cold and that last 10 percent of breathing of your breathing passage gets blocked up… you are going to die tonight.” In that moment Busta knew it was time to change his way, and make his health his priority.

full

6000c73cdb826.image.jpg

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I forgot that tour was happening, honestly I thought it already did.

Everytime I see him, I can’t get that comment 50 made about Busta having the most brolic neck in the game outta my mind

Daps
Busta alienated a lot of his fanbase with that hiphop started in Jamaica bullshyt. He’s fallen off since then. Nobody is being loud about it we just ain’t supporting.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Busta alienated a lot of his fanbase with that hiphop started in Jamaica bullshyt. He’s fallen off since then. Nobody is being loud about it we just ain’t supporting.
One of the worst things you can do is alienate or neglect your fanbase

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Y'all are overreacting his "hip hop started in Jamaica" backlash.

nikkas ain't checking for Busta in 2024 because he's old and hip hop doesn't support it's legends like other genres do.

For those who are remedial, it doesn't mean that hip hop doesn't support their legends AT ALL...it means that unless Busta was doing a greatest hits tour with some other legends, them tickets probably won't sell.

If you're mad, be mad at how disposable music has become.

Side note: I have been concerned about Bustas health for a while because I noticed that after his steroid era with Dr. Dre and nem, that belly grew exponentially.

I'm going to run at least 4 miles today, weights on Thursday and then more cardio on Friday.

You cats who think you're going to age like fine wine don't realize that fine wine kept in a bottle by the radiator will taste like shyt when you eventually pour yourself a glass.