But I thought colorism doesn't exist?

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
it's a damn shame many young darkskin girls (and boys) are mocked and ridiculed because of their skin tone. It also, sucks that we continue to push it under the rug like it's not a real issue and, please don't come with that tired "well they shouldn't just gaf" line, especially towards children who are big on seeking validation from their peers. Props to this girl's sister and mom for not overlooking colorism and helping her find new self confidence in herself.:salute:

Black Haven

Daps
Already a thread on this first off. You late

Second, the title. Colorism doesnt exist? Who the hell said that shyt :dahell:

Lame ass plat phishing attempt:camby:

Who says it doesn't exists?

If you want to help end it, the best thing to do is to not let it fly in your circle of friends of family.
c'mon bruh they're dudes on this very forum who say this. They say shyt like"only unattractive darksin women complain" which is the dumbest shyt I've heard :pachaha:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speaking of Colorism, I smh everytime Stephen A. jokes on Klay and Steph for being lightskinned.

Someone need to get that nikka a mirror, he aint exactly a midnight breh....
SAS_Headshot.jpg

Black Haven

Daps
I see colorism on the coli everyday. Especially directed to us light skinned folks:mjcry:
C'mon fam that is not the same, even though I find it to also be disgusting, the dynamics are totally different.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
c'mon bruh they're dudes on this very forum who say this. They say shyt like"only unattractive darksin women complain" which is the dumbest shyt I've heard :pachaha:

Its a little more nuanced than that though.

Recently we had a thread where a woman was basically saying that every black guy who liked light skinned black women was fetishzising them.
Keep in mind this was a dark skin woman who is happily married to a black man and she was bitter about other black men liking light skinned women.

Dumb shyt gets thrown on both sides.:yeshrug:

I've had arguments with my dark skinned female friends about this and my takeaway usually is that there is also a good amount of insecurity there.

One friend told me that a guy will always pick the lightskin girl out of a group of friends at a club.
I was like no... we pick the most attractive.

And she was like "so that means you pick the lightskin one"

:gucci:

She had convinced herself that lightskin = attractive even though I was telling her that's not how men think. It didn't matter what I said or what my actions were, there was no convincing her.

Its too nuanced of a topic to make broad sweeping statements.
Some people experience it worse than others.
Some people are dealing with the insecurities of experiencing it as a child.
Some people benefit from it

Black Haven

Daps
Its a little more nuanced than that though.

Recently we had a thread where a woman was basically saying that every black guy who liked light skinned black women was fetishzising them.
Keep in mind this was a dark skin woman who is happily married to a black man and she was bitter about other black men liking light skinned women.

Dumb shyt gets thrown on both sides.:yeshrug:

I've had arguments with my dark skinned female friends about this and my takeaway usually is that there is also a good amount of insecurity there.

One friend told me that a guy will always pick the lightskin girl out of a group of friends at a club.
I was like no... we pick the most attractive.

And she was like "so that means you pick the lightskin one"

:gucci:

She had convinced herself that lightskin = attractive even though I was telling her that's not how men think. It didn't matter what I said or what my actions were, there was no convincing her.

Its too nuanced of a topic to make broad sweeping statements.
Some people experience it worse than others.
Some people are dealing with the insecurities of experiencing it as a child.
Some people benefit from it
Most of this falls on Western society shoulders being the main reason dark women feel insecure about themselves. Our society continues t o uplift women who are lighter everyday and throw it in the BC face as well, so it's only natural that many of them would lack self esteem, combined with the insults many of them experience doesn't make it better.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most of this falls on Western society shoulders being the main reason dark women feel insecure about themselves. Our society continues t o uplift women who are lighter everyday and throw it in the BC face as well, so it's only natural that many of them would lack self esteem, combined with the insults many of them experience doesn't make it better.

No argument there.

My point is that in these scenarios, light skinned women are the culprit. That thread I mentioned earlier painted light skinned women and anyone who is attracted to them as in the wrong.
I felt it is a bit misguided.

The more I think about colorism, the more I feel like the best thing you can do is stomp that shyt out in your personal circle/family.