But I Thought Obama And Eric Holder Don't Care About Black People? :usure:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holder to overhaul clemency guidelines, possibly freeing thousands of inmates - Washington Times

In a move that could result in the prison release of hundreds or thousands of low-level drug offenders, the Justice Department said Monday that it will advise President Obama to widen his guidelines for granting clemency.

The announcement, immediately praised by advocates for reform of the criminal justice system, is part of the administration’s effort to reduce the nation’s prison population and address racial disparities in drug sentencing.

It remains unclear how effective the approach will be and whether the president is prepared to move forward on what may be an unprecedented wave of pardons and commutations.

“Nobody knows the scope and depth yet. I applaud the spirit, and I applaud what I think is going to happen. But I just don’t know. There are thousands of cases ripe for action. … We don’t know if we’re talking about a couple dozen, a couple hundred, or a couple thousand,” said former Maryland Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr., a Republican and leading advocate for criminal justice reform and changes to how nonviolent drug offenders are punished.

Before the announcement Monday, the administration’s record on clemency was widely criticized. A deputy legal director with the American Civil Liberties Union told Yahoo News that the record is “abysmal.”

Obama and Holder are :stylin: on cacs at this point.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who exactly claimed Obama doesn't care about black people? :ld:

plenty of people here. go read the threads in higher learning. a lot of the coli members think obama doesn't do enough for blacks. when you look at his record and its impact on the lives of black americans, it's pretty clear he's doing all he can - within the constraints of his office - to correct much of what's wrong in black america due to racism.

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
Barac00nbama strikes again :blessed: