Cac Teacher vs Black Student fight at school

Daps
Shyt finna be viral....

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) says it's investigating a "physical altercation" between a Marion C. Moore student and teacher. Now-viral video of the fight sparked demands for answers and a protest at the school Monday afternoon.

The fight happened in the hallway of the school on Outer Loop.

The video, which does not show the beginning of the fight, shows the student throw punches at the teacher as the teacher pins the student, face up on his back, firmly to the ground. It also shows the white teacher launch a knee toward the Black student's face before hoisting him by his hair as multiple people, including other students, try to pull the teacher away.

Jamir Strane, 16, says he was the student involved in the fight.

Strane says he initiated the fight with a chemistry teacher — who he and others identified as William Bennett — but believes the teacher went overboard in his response.

"I look at that as getting revenge, because you didn't have no reason to keep pulling my hair," said Strane. "Even as a student is trying to pull you off of me, and you're still fighting me."

Monday afternoon, video of the fight caused protest outside the school and caused the district to respond.

Renee Murphy, a spokesperson for JCPS, says the teacher has been removed from the classroom while the district investigates the fight.

"So right now exactly what happened is being reviewed, it's being looked at, and while that review is taking place, we know the teacher will not be in the classroom," Murphy said. "The review will talk to witnesses and they will gather more information about any kind of verbal exchanges that took place."

Strane says there was a verbal exchange by the teacher that set him off. He says the teacher criticized his bandana-style neck gaiter, which he was using as a face covering to protect himself during the COVD-19 pandemic.

"He said, 'You're just going to be another Black boy shot,'" said Strane. "I'm going to put it in English. He said that you're just going to end up in the streets dead, in my mind, like all my friends."

To Strane and his mom, Erica Strane, a statement like that is particularly triggering. Strane, then 15, was shot in a summer 2020 drive-by shooting.

"To be told that you're just another boy that's going to be shot dead, I could see where that could trigger his PTSD," his mother said. "Like I said, my son — he's not a saint. He has his flaws. But, again, I can understand where the PTSD was triggered."

Additionally, the teen says he's lost multiple friends to gun violence.

"I got social anxiety from all the stuff I've been through over the last two years," said Strane. "It's eat or be eaten out here."

WDRB News reached out to the teacher for comment but has not yet received a response.

Strane, meanwhile, says he's been suspended from school for at least 10 days and has been charged with assault. He and his mother are looking for a lawyer and plan to fight the charge

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Strane says there was a verbal exchange by the teacher that set him off. He says the teacher criticized his bandana-style neck gaiter, which he was using as a face covering to protect himself during the COVD-19 pandemic.

"He said, 'You're just going to be another Black boy shot,'" said Strane. "I'm going to put it in English. He said that you're just going to end up in the streets dead, in my mind, like all my friends

:gucci:

Daps

"He said, 'You're just going to be another Black boy shot,'" said Strane. "I'm going to put it in English. He said that you're just going to end up in the streets dead, in my mind, like all my friends

:gucci:

Yep this fight didn't start out of nowhere.

Curious if the boy talked shyt back or just got aggressive.

Daps
Teacher needs jail time.

Soon.​

Teacher lucky the kids didn't jump him. At a rough high school, teacher might have ended up in the ICU.

Think the kids were just shocked. Interesting too that only one teacher, the younger white dude in the blue shirt jumped in.

I cannot believe other teachers didn't hear/see that.

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Holdin the youngin by his hair, was the stamp for me. :mjpls:

Rest of those nggas around him, were STRAIGHT HOES too. Idk if his mans were around them, or not, but REGARDLESS, in my era....everyone there, would've hooked off on the teacher. He would've got carried out the school, on a stretcher, and the narrative, would've been sounding a whole lot different right now. Bunch a bytches. :mjpls:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Teacher lucky the kids didn't jump him. At a rough high school, teacher might have ended up in the ICU.

Think the kids were just shocked. Interesting too that only one teacher, the younger white dude in the blue shirt jumped in.

I cannot believe other teachers didn't hear/see that.
Kids were smart. The minute they swing on the teacher, it's expulsion.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
"Jamir Strane, 16, says he was the student involved in the fight.

Strane says he initiated the fight with a chemistry teacher — who he and others identified as William Bennett — but believes the teacher went overboard in his response."

The student says he started the fight. Put your hands on a grown man and expect to get your ass beat. Run up and get done up. Just because someone says something you don't like doesn't mean you have the right to put your hands on them.

:yeshrug: