Daps
Reppin
NYC
Trolls are lying about assaults at 'Black Panther' showings
BY NICOLE BITETTE
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Friday, February 16, 2018, 12:01 PM
'Black Panther' is much more than a movie to its director, stars

Another graphic image shows a bloodied teen with the caption: "i went to see #BlackPanther with my gf and a black teenager shouted 'u at the wrong theater' and smashed a bottle on her face."

trolls17f-2-web.jpg

Twitter trolls tweeted fake stories about assaults happening at the Black Panther premiere using real images of women who have been harassed or assaulted. A number of the tweets and accounts have since been taken down.
(VIA TWITTER)
The image is actually of a 19-year-old from Sweden, who was attacked by a man at a nightclub in Malmö after refusing his advances.

Sophie Johansson reportedly tried to leave the party in attempt to avoid the situation escalating further, but on the way out, he struck her over the head with a beer bottle."I thought it was (liquid) from the bottle (on my face), but then my friend said it was running blood," she told the Swedish outlet Aftonbladet. "I ended up in shock."

There were a number of other photos used, included a split of two images showing a woman who was beaten by her boyfriend for hours after being held captive in an apartment.

‘Black Panther’ empowers its leading women by giving them agency

A tweet obtained by BuzzFeed, which received more than 400 retweets, actually used an image of a bloody paper towel from 2009 to allege an assault occurred by a number of black youths at the movie. The account was later suspended.

black-panther-excitement.jpg

This image released by Disney and Marvel Studios' shows Chadwick Boseman in a scene from "Black Panther."
(AP)
Several users were quick to call out the fake posts and user Trapa Fasahas been pointing out the made-up accounts.