California cuts ties with Walgreens after company limits access to abortion pills

2legit

All Star
Daps
Newsom been swinging his dikk lately. Only Dem politician that got real juice. Dude is a lock for president eventually if he got no crazy skeletons
rawImage.jpg

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
read the article and still don't understand what this means...are they going to lose their tax breaks? they gonna be forced to shut down all their stores in Cali? or is this some state government shyt where employees under state medical plans can't fulfill scripts at walgreens? huh

I think it’s the latter. It’s not like they can just force the stores in Cali to close. It will probably mean state employees wont be able to have prescriptions filled there, that’s it. City employees though, they most likely will still have the plan.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
read the article and still don't understand what this means...are they going to lose their tax breaks? they gonna be forced to shut down all their stores in Cali? or is this some state government shyt where employees under state medical plans can't fulfill scripts at walgreens? huh
I think it’s the latter. It’s not like they can just force the stores in Cali to close. It will probably mean state employees wont be able to have prescriptions filled there, that’s it. City employees though, they most likely will still have the plan.

Walgreens won’t dispense medication for abortion in 20 states due to Republican attorney generals saying it’s illegal there.

Daps

I doubt it’s even blocking state employees from fulfilling scripts at the pharmacy. Doubt they could do that even if they wanted to. That’s between the patient and the insurance company. Reducing access to medicine over abortion pills that may be irrelevant to patients in need would be a political disaster.

Smells like grandstanding by Newsome. I bet it is just related to direct business with Walgreens and the state, so fairly limited.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what exactly does that mean... you can't just kick them out the state.

also if these states make it illegal to distribute the product there.... what exactly are they supposed to do?:patrice: