Calling it now, these traditional consoles will start winding down by late 2016

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
They will be around for about a decade or so in terms of smaller games and services being released, but major development will be shifting soon. There is little to no doubt about that now.

So I have been looking at this amazon fire tv console and yeah, amazon has just stepped it up to a level that Apple and others will start beefing up the specs at an even faster pace. I expect one of the major competitors to strike back with a similar quad core + dedicated gpu + 3-4GB ram in a few months and the addition of an SDXC slot.

That's right in about a 3 year window. those micro consoles are going to be more powerful than what is inside your xbox one or ps4. We will enter an era in which it will be those micro consoles + the PC for gaming. I think the PS Vita should be Sony's last handheld and Nintendo will probably crank out some crazy hybrid device to keep their franchises going.

I think Microsoft and Sony pretty much know this already and probably thinking of what to do with their next generation of "consoles" to keep the brands alive and well.

Phones will be more powerful than the consoles in 5 years.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
gddr5, is something phones wont have in 5 years, friend. Let alone 8 gigs. :mjlol: I think your projections are a little early like premature babies, friend. Out performing ps4, :mjlol: O friend, april fools day is over like April 2nd.
No doubt about it. The PS4 is not even a midrange PC anymore and is less than 6 months old.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
I think there is plenty of room for consoles. That amazon box plays android games right? Nobody is developing a game on par with the AAA console/pc releases for that. Thats for kids and casual phone gamers.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Yup cause liquids prior assertions have always been correct:mjlol:

Apple still gonna fail? :mjpls:
When did I say that apple was going to completely fail? I just stated that they would start struggling after Mr Jobs died.

They have definitely taken a hit in the past 2 years

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Who the fukk still goes to buy physical media like that besides gamers in 2014? :russ:

Optical drives in PC's are basically there for just in case purposes, tbh I am probably going to remove optical drives from the next revision of desktops I sell.
Just dont sell those pcs to anyone over 28.

Older people stick to what they know.

But i guess they could always sell a usb external, if they really need it.