Cam Need To Play Like A Ref's Flag And Stay In The Pocket: 2017 Carolina Panthers Offseason Thread

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
sawaon.jpg

Season Review:
The Carolina Panthers ended the season at 6-10 (1-5 in NFC South). This was a horrible season with an epic fall off from their 15-1 Super Bowl run just a year ago. QB Cam Newton was beat up early and often during the regular season with little to no love from the league's officiating crew. Circumstances got so bad that the reigning MVP had to meet with Commissioner Goodell himself. Another main issue was the consistency and health of the offensive line. This issue caused Cam to be erratic in the pocket and often go against proven fundamentals when throwing the rock.

9643781-cam-newton-nfl-arizona-cardinals-carolina-panthers.jpg

The Defense and more specifically the secondary went through a rough spell early with the departure of All-Pro DB Josh Norman. However, rookie Bradbury came on strong by the end of the season to show promise. The Defensive line also showed their prowess as the season progressed leading the league in sacks. The Panthers still have a solid foundation from the Super Bowl season to build on, however a great draft, key free agent moves and a re-vamped offensive scheme will be needed to excel in the 2017 Season.

9535130-daryl-worley-nfl-carolina-panthers-denver-broncos.jpg

Key Stats From 2016 Season:

• Reigning MVP Cam Newton has had fewer Roughing The Passer calls than nearly every other QB in the league.
  • Panthers had 6 losses by 3 points or less this season.
  • Panthers led the league in Sacks.
29lmmwj.jpg
22eypx.jpg

Season Accolades:

Pro Bowl: Greg Olsen, Mike Tolbert, Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis
161220_probowl_inside.jpg

2nd-Team All Pro: Greg Olsen and Luke Kuechly

d10868d8fe2dbc9c1b2624435369d24b.jpg

Offseason Needs Per Importance:
  1. Offensive Line
  2. Running Back
  3. Secondary
  4. Defense Ends
  5. Slot Receiver

Questions Leading Into The Offseason:
i
i

• Will Carolina Sign KK Short and/or Mario Addison?
  • Will the veteran LB Thomas Davis Retire?
  • Who Will The Panthers select with the 8th Pick In The Draft?

Key Points That Must Be Addressed Before Next Season:
AR-311139644.jpg&q=80&MaxW=550&MaxH=400&RCRadius=5

• Evolve the Offense beyond the read-option to help prolong Cam's career.
  • Cam needs to work on his footwork, pocket presence, accuracy and synergy with the WR corps.
  • Offensive Line Must improve in order for Cam to excel as an elite passer
  • Cam and Luke both need to heal and get back in top form for the next season.
  • Rivera claims there will be no Coaching personnel changes this Offseason :camdisdain:
2017 Opponents:
161227_opponents_inside.jpg

HOME: Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles

AWAY: Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers

Aight Panther Posse The 2016 Season was the ultimate let down after an almost perfect season. Hopefully with a few key moves, a good draft and players getting healthy we can return to our playoff form. Here's to a fruitful Offseason:camsalute:.

#PantherPosse :pantherscry:#CookOutGANG :panthersto:
@Killah Ray
@UserNameless
@No Sleep
@Frank Sabotka
@Relldaproblem
@distinguishedNOW
@Bishop_BP_Jakes
@young3000
@CBSkyline
@Jparker90
@Azik
@Millions
@Carolina Slim
@Mook
@Consumed
@42 Monks
@Henry Orbit
@hyperman25
@Corey Matthews
@SireSiah#KWU
@Hiesenberg
@Call Me James
@Darth Nubian
@Rigby.
@BlackLightning
@Ultima
@BlackAdam
@BossMobb
@IGSaint12
@Leezy337

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Gettleman and Ron know if they don't get it done this year they're gone. Jerry has been talking that right way shyt for a while, but he knows he's on the clock.

Shula was given a vote of confidence meaning you know your job is on the line.

It'll be interesting to see what other positional coaches leave and who are brough in especially if one has OC creds.

Cam gotta get back to the fukkery. That's just in his DNA.

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
I think if we can get our o line in order and go back to finishing games off, we'll be straight. Gettleman needs to be proactive in the draft and free agency when it comes to the line. Doing the best available is cool, but there are some cases where you have to go out and get it.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Y'all already know what I want in the draft. Dalvin cook and for DG to work magic with an Ol in every round after that.
I'd prefer to address one OL in FA, this allow us to take cook or fournette if they're available or take a safety First round and pick OL in the second and find a Stop gap runner and backup ol

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
I'd prefer to address one OL in FA, this allow us to take cook or fournette if they're available or take a safety First round and pick OL in the second and find a Stop gap runner and backup ol
But DG not gonna spend the money :sadcam:

I don't know what our cap looking like honestly? Can we sign KK and pay someone? Do we even try to resign him?

Last edited:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Y'all already know what I want in the draft. Dalvin cook and for DG to work magic with an Ol in every round after that.
Dalvin is a very elite receiving threat, which is certainly something it seems we need after seeing everyone not named Ted Ginn (and even him) regress at the receiver position

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
If we don't make at least OC changes, we're not going anywhere fast

This X 1000. Our offense is stagnant. Most DC adjusted accordingly after halftime. Anybody got the stats on how many points we scored in the second half as opposed to the first this season?