Came to my first African church this morning... It's been almost 3 hours

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haitian churches are the same. I don’t miss leaving my families church at all.

Back in the day I would be at church at 11 am and not leave till 9 pm.

10 am - bible class

11 am - 3pm: church

5pm to 7pm - choir rehearsal

7pm to 9pm - night service.

11am - Sunday School

12-1 - Church

5-6 Youth Service

6-7 Evening service

Wed 7-8 - Bible Study

Imagine having to do all this throughout your childhood, when you really felt like an atheist the whole time.

I couldn’t wait to be of age and throw church in the bushes.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
That's normal length of church for me growing up. Sunday school at 9 am. Have a break. Morning service. Have a break. Afternoon service and choir. Go home have dinner then bible study at night. :bryan: shyt was the WOAT growing up. :shaq2:

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
How much longer do I have brehs :sadcam: I'm trapped here cuz I'm supposed to eat with the family that invited me and help them with something later. We're watching a livestream and I'm still not sure of the local pastor is gonna give a sermon afterward :why: A lot of the kids were being loud and crying and the pastor's wife got up like control ya kids or go outside, but in my mind I was thinking "TURN UP!!! :damn:"
Are you still there breh?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I don't go to church either, just be the best person I can be and help people out.

Remember when my Aunt and grandmother took me to church, didn't like it at all. Everybody work 9-5, 5 days a week, why we gotta go to church for 5 hours on 1 our off days?

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Are you still there breh?

nah, we got out around 1:30. It was actually a little shorter than my very first time. I told them I seriously can't come back on first sunday again. It's been a few times I've gone and the service is actually a decent length, but first sunday/communion.... :gucci:

The shyt I really can't stand is the fact that you aren't DOING anything but watching a livestream from Lagos and I guess it's cool if it's near and dear to you, but for someone like me you get over it quick. The pastor's birthday was last month and they had a 15-20 minute segment of people around the world dancing for him in this challenge :what: The same thing for some yearly awards they have where they went thru E-VER-Y-THING :why: They're the most organized church I've ever seen though, I'll give them that. Arguably more than the actual government which I stated in another thread. The church I grew up in is non-denominational, so it's still all amazing to see... but yeah, I'm free :blessed: