Cameroon Born Soccer Player Scores against Them FOR Switzerland in World Cup

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
The Swiss development system played a part in that man becoming wealthy..let him rep who he wants

Short and accurate. I am not one of those people who shame African-born players and much less those who were born in Europe whose parents immigrated from Sub-Saharan Africa. Africa has the quantity but not quality. Quantity meaning that the pool of talent in any industry is there given the 1.2 billion people who make up the population but the most important path to development economically and you can extend that to the football pitch is quality of labor which comes from training, education, INFRASTRUCTURE (which the continent has a great deficit).

You hear these nightmare stories about the utter lack of organization of African FA (Football Association, governing body) and just outright corruption, nepotism and clientelism with no regards of the common good.

It is actually quite embarrassing when you see countries like Uruguay (population less than 4 million) consistently make it farther in the tournament than African sides. The reason is purely the reflection of where most African countries are in their development. I am sure there is some correlation between a country's economic development and their consistent performance or lack thereof in world tournaments.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
Short and accurate. I am not one of those people who shame African-born players and much less those who were born in Europe whose parents immigrated from Sub-Saharan Africa. Africa has the quantity but not quality. Quantity meaning that the pool of talent in any industry is there given the 1.2 billion people who make up the population but the most important path to development economically and you can extend that to the football pitch is quality of labor which comes from training, education, INFRASTRUCTURE (which the continent has a great deficit).

You hear these nightmare stories about the utter lack of organization of African FA (Football Association, governing body) and just outright corruption, nepotism and clientelism with no regards of the common good.

It is actually quite embarrassing when you see countries like Uruguay (population less than 4 million) consistently make it farther in the tournament than African sides. The reason is purely the reflection of where most African countries are in their development. I am sure there is some correlation between a country's economic development and their consistent performance or lack thereof in world tournaments.

Mexico being an outlier. Trillion dollar economy that always underperforms

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:francis: this should be a wakeup call

like 80% of the french team could be on african teams if they wanted to
bukayo saka should be playing for nigeria instead of england. but nigeria is so trash now that even nigerians dont want to play for it
nah

capitalism made us mercernaries for hire. there is no pay in honour for the sake of it. lets stop being idealistic.

the only wake up is for these countries to get budgets up to pay players to play at home. but you can't prioritize building sports leagues when your countries are broke.

the picture of his father says it all. watching his son beat his country in the comforts that leaving his country afforded them all. :francis:

the big house and that big television. would he give it all away to sit on a stool and listen to a radio broadcast somewhere for home pride? (i'm embellishing for the point) DOUBT IT.

He's gonna grab some stiff spirit from his cabinet and drown his sorrows and forget about it when he wakes up cuz their life was uplifted by his sons opportunities.

what wake up call?

pay-up-rub-fingers.gif

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH

Economic development isn’t really the problem, the real problem is African countries period don’t know how to cultivate talent. You’ll go farther and improve your skillset going to a country that has a knack for eyeing/scouting talent along with knowing how to cultivate it.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Breel is my guy though... :manny:

Also, who GIVES A fukk about this? Look at how many African countries are in the World Cup this year, pretty soon a third of the entire bracket will be African. There is an EXCESS of talent.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Economic development isn’t really the problem, the real problem is African countries period don’t know how to cultivate talent. You’ll go farther and improve your skillset going to a country that has a knack for eyeing/scouting talent along with knowing how to cultivate it.

I disagree economic development, high GDP allows allocation of resources in things that are discretionary like sports and athletic academies, stadiums etc... essentially all the infrastructure that would permit the cultivation of talent.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
nah

capitalism made us mercernaries for hire. there is no pay in honour for the sake of it. lets stop being idealistic.

the only wake up is for these countries to get budgets up to pay players to play at home. but you can't prioritize building sports leagues when your countries are broke.

the picture of his father says it all. watching his son beat his country in the comforts that leaving his country afforded them all. :francis:

the big house and that big television. would he give it all away to sit on a stool and listen to a radio broadcast somewhere for home pride? (i'm embellishing for the point) DOUBT IT.

He's gonna grab some stiff spirit from his cabinet and drown his sorrows and forget about it when he wakes up cuz their life was uplifted by his sons opportunities.

what wake up call?

pay-up-rub-fingers.gif

On God you a miserable goofball ass nikka. With that said, had to dap this post. Well put

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Well why don’t these African superstars invest into their own countries development programs?? European countries have the money to make good programs. If these African players stop c00ning & put their money together to build their teams up things would be better