Cam'ron compares his and Just Blaze relationship to Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson's

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
This would be a platinum thread in TLR

a lot of discussions could be had around this theme :jbhmm:
Cam basically using different words than used in TLR but its basically pookie/ray ray vs. educated/suburbs brehs..

Reminds me of Just Blaze interview where he talk about coding in the 4th grade, graduating early, going to Rutgers at 16 while also Djing since he was 11 and getting gigs in high school. His mom was an English teacher and his Dad was a computer programmer but passion was music and playing keys, so that was his exposure to music at young age.

Dope interview overall

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
You're absolutely right and I can't do nothing but laugh when they do that. Dudes be talking about changing songs for their live set list like they balanced the nation's budget :mjlol:

Interviewer: " so it seems like the label dropped you. What's going on :jbhmm: ?"

Rapper: " well really and truly I ain't never been signed traditionally speaking. We always had more of an arrangement so to speak with the label. You feel me? I ain't like most these dudes, I move different tbh. We sat down at the table and realized that now would be better for me to branch out :jawalrus: ."

Interviewer: "some would call it a fall off due to a drop in sales :patrice: ?"

Rapper: "man I won't een locked in like that tbh...that was just a lil something for the fans :mjgrin: . Yall watch what I'm doing this next rollout, we moving real strategic this time. Tap In :birdman: "

Daps
Cam 100% correct tho, even if his analogy is wild LMFAO......

Anyhow, I still say signing Cam to the Roc was a smart move. It was one even Jay endorsed at the time. The problem related to the misallocation of funds and other business around that time. Come Home with Me and the first Diplomatic Immunity album (should've been sold as a double album btw) were classics.

Nah. Two different eras of Cam. DI was a double album classic in itself with plenty of hits left on the cutting room floor.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cam basically using different words than used in TLR but its basically pookie/ray ray vs. educated/suburbs brehs..

Reminds me of Just Blaze interview where he talk about coding in the 4th grade, graduating early, going to Rutgers at 16 while also Djing since he was 11 and getting gigs in high school. His mom was an English teacher and his Dad was a computer programmer but passion was music and playing keys, so that was his exposure to music at young age.

Dope interview overall

I just made a thread about this

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Just wasn’t wrong at all for the approach. Make hits—make money??? Take money and make money, Wall Street and all that ain’t something to downplay.

nikkas too often wanna look like the man rather than be the man.

it wasn't a scheduled single or part of a roll out

the song wasn't even finished when Kay Slay took it and put it on the radio straight away and it caught fire instantly
so they had to strike while the iron was hot and the sacrifice was worth it

they wait, shyt might never come out or got held up with red tape because Cam "took" the beat stepping on Jay's toes
look at how they did him when it was time for Purple Haze to come out