Can a Solar Eclipse really cause eye damage?

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
They out here selling Solar Eclipse glasses

613M67xpsLL._SX355_.jpg

They look like regular 3d glasses
gJzAOQ.png

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
Yes they can cause damage lol looking at the sun directly can always cause damage and be careful with those glasses they are selling fake ones out here.
This. Do any of you guys know if a double layer of 6-mil Mylar on top of some UV googles would be good enough protection? I am thinking about making my own glasses since I can't find any locally.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lemme find out... :jbhmm:

EDIT: I don't know much about Eclipses, breh but here's the link to it...

Solar eclipse of May 10, 1994 - Wikipedia

Total? Partial? I was in Chicago... lemme know... :lupe:
It was an annular eclipse which means the moon did not completely cover the sun because the moon was closer to earth, compared to next week's total eclipse. Damage builds up, so I would be safe and stick with some cheap solar glasses.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
It was an annular eclipse which means the moon did not completely cover the sun because the moon was closer to earth, compared to next week's total eclipse. Damage builds up, so I would be safe and stick with some cheap solar glasses.

Definitely wouldn't risk it now, I'm much older and I can already feel myself aging physically... :whoa:

I remember as a youngin being able to hoop sun up to sun down. Used to always be an occasional set of older hoopers that would show up, play 1 game & leave. Didn't get it then... I understand now... :mjcry: