Can anyone explain to me why single payer health care is bad for America?

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
You're also gonna risk having some people who unfairly take way more than they need leaving less for everyone else. There is simply no way you can guarantee that everyone will have the absolute best care when they need it.

People are being screwed NOW, and they were being supremely screwed before the ACA. :martin:The ACA was passed with the goal of lessening people who get screwed over by not having healthcare.

You're unable to see past this point, so I wash my hands of this discussion. :hubie:You're going on ignore for being unnecessarily obtuse.
Cut off your nose to spite your face brehs :dame:

Whine about not having a perfect solution brehs :gucci:

Believe that healthcare was better in the good old days before the ACA brehs :gucci:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
You just have unrealistic expectations.

You want healthcare that is:

• Premium in quality
  • Low in cost
  • Offered in unlimited supply

The laws of economics make this impossible.

It doesn't matter which ones you pick of those choices you can only ever achieve 2 at the same time...never all 3.

Last edited:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Quoted for emphasis.

You can't guarantee that there will be enough resources for everybody when the resources are limited and everyone is drawing from the same well. You're also gonna risk having some people who unfairly take way more than they need leaving less for everyone else. There is simply no way you can guarantee that everyone will have the absolute best care when they need it. People are going to get fukked over and it's going to be completely out of their hands.

I don't know about you but I'm not willing to take that risk with my own health. I am going to do whatever I can to guarantee that my healthcare is there for me when I need it. There are plenty of people in this country who aren't rich and yet find a way to fit it into their budget because it's important to them. To them it's worth making that sacrifice. If someone doesn't want to make that same sacrifice and pass on getting insurance, that's their problem and not mine. That's a choice they make. If you want discount health insurance from the govt then be prepared for discount health care. Move and relocate to Canada, there is nothing stopping you.

The goal isn't getting rid of insurance companies because the people in this country will gladly pay a premium if it means they get premium healthcare, the goal is to lower the cost of said insurance. Only way to do that is to have multiple companies competing for business on a national scale. Gives customers a choice and creates competition in the marketplace. Only a fool would suggest that you can better quality at a lower cost by creating a monopoly.
but if everyone has medical insurance then how does that solve the fact that there aren't "infinite resources" like you said and somebody will end up getting screwed?

it's the same problem, except with UHC/SP everyone gets coverage for cheaper.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You just have unrealistic expectations.

You want healthcare that is:

• Premium in quality
  • Low in cost
  • Offered in unlimited supply

The laws of economics make this impossible.

It doesn't matter which ones you pick of those choices you can only ever achieve 2 at the same time...never all 3.
no you have an unrealistic view of what UHC is or how it is better than how the system is now.

no one said UHC is the BEST outcome, there really is no best outcome when you look at a country and the needs of everyone. all you can do is try to get the best you can, and work with what you have. which is why everyone country that has SP/UHC has a significantly better QOL than America.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
no you have an unrealistic view of what UHC is or how it is better than how the system is now.

no one said UHC is the BEST outcome, there really is no best outcome when you look at a country and the needs of everyone. all you can do is try to get the best you can, and work with what you have. which is why everyone country that has SP/UHC has a significantly better QOL than America.

Quoted for emphasis.

If you want premium health insurance, or premium anything, you have to pay a premium.

Fact of life.