Can anyone school me on Gaddafi?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa: NSA I am not in no part claiming affiliation to any radical extremist group :whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa:

That Said, I've read about how he changed his views later in his life to be on some Pan African Steeze, and he had some super interesting views. IDK much about the "Evil" acts that he committed that the had all over western media, but I haven't met an African who didnt like him, and I have heard people say he was a "necessary evil" along with Sadaam who pretty much kept things in check so groups like ISIS were non factors.

Anyone got any info on him?And is it even possible to purchase his Green Book?
:lupe:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
he and saddam were definitely necessary evils. sometimes you need a motherfukker who is willing to drill holes in the heads of his enemies when those same enemies would drill holes if they were in his shoes. i still can't believe dubya and his rag tag bunch of freedom fighters didn't know their shiite from their sunni.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
:whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa: NSA I am not in no part claiming affiliation to any radical extremist group :whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa:

That Said, I've read about how he changed his views later in his life to be on some Pan African Steeze, and he had some super interesting views. IDK much about the "Evil" acts that he committed that the had all over western media, but I haven't met an African who didnt like him, and I have heard people say he was a "necessary evil" along with Sadaam who pretty much kept things in check so groups like ISIS were non factors.

I know some guys here disagree with this but it seems like he wanted a unifed Africa:

CR8HdciVEAE8DZK.jpg

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

He led to the Libyan revolution in 1969.
He wanted to Unify Africa (African states)
He was a dictator; however after looking what has happened in Libya now. That country may have been better off.
He used the Oil money very badly. Libya should've been on the level of a Qatar, or Saudi Arabia.
He did take some good positions, even though it wasn't popular at the time. Examples include: Support Palestinian freedom from Israel. Support Nelson Mandela during apartheid.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
He led to the Libyan revolution in 1969.
He wanted to Unify Africa (African states)
He was a dictator; however after looking what has happened in Libya now. That country may have been better off.
He used the Oil money very badly. Libya should've been on the level of a Qatar, or Saudi Arabia.
He did take some good positions, even though it wasn't popular at the time. Examples include: Support Palestinian freedom from Israel. Support Nelson Mandela during apartheid.
I hear he was for all these incentives for the people like when ppl get married the government buys them a house or something, and other stuff but idk if its true. Idk it seems in any govt there will always be a group that is unsatisfied with leadership, i guess the issue is when the govt actively goes ham and starts killing people from that group and such(idk if he did this or not).

I know Liberia has an interesting history to the point where Charles Taylor was made president by the CIA so he could work as a spy (gaddafi actually trained charles back in the day if i recall so Charles was someone Gaddafi trusted I guess).

Global politics is a wild and confusing animal.

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
I hear he was for all these incentives for the people like when ppl get married the government buys them a house or something, and other stuff but idk if its true. Idk it seems in any govt there will always be a group that is unsatisfied with leadership, i guess the issue is when the govt actively goes ham and starts killing people from that group and such(idk if he did this or not).

I know Liberia has an interesting history to the point where Charles Taylor was made president by the CIA so he could work as a spy (gaddafi actually trained charles back in the day if i recall so Charles was someone Gaddafi trusted I guess).

Global politics is a wild and confusing animal.

Unfortunately he did, during the 2011 revolution against his government. It was a bad move though because it allowed the west to intervene.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Unfortunately he did, during the 2011 revolution against his government. It was a bad move though because it allowed the west to intervene.
Was that group a minority? And did that group initiate attacks? Or were they just protesting and dude dropped the hammer on them? Like cats popping off rebel groups is one thing, but merking protestors is another.

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
Was that group a minority? And did that group initiate attacks? Or were they just protesting and dude dropped the hammer on them? Like cats popping off rebel groups is one thing, but merking protestors is another.

There was always a faction of people in Tripoli, who hated Gaddafi; however when the Arab Spring started in Tunsia, it empowered them to take action against Gaddafi. You add the fact that the western countries, particularly France and USA wanted him out. He had no shot to remain in power. So in retaliation he started attacking the protesters. Which had a negative snowball effect.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
There was always a faction of people in Tripoli, who hated Gaddafi; however when the Arab Spring started in Tunsia, it empowered them to take action against Gaddafi. You add the fact that the western countries, particularly France and USA wanted him out. He had no shot to remain in power. So in retaliation he started attacking the protesters. Which had a negative snowball effect.

Idk if its something you can answer or actualy documented, but did the ppl in Tripoli dislike his ways of governing or was he more so showing favortism to a certain group and the Tripoli ppl were getting the short end of the stick?

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
Idk if its something you can answer or actualy documented, but did the ppl in Tripoli dislike his ways of governing or was he more so showing favortism to a certain group and the Tripoli ppl were getting the short end of the stick?

From what I read, it seemed that the poorer areas surrounding Tripoli were more generally supportive of Gaddafi, then the richer ones inside of Tripoli. It's sort of like how Hugo Chavez was treated. Plus you have to remember he was in power for 42 years. So eventually people do get tired. But Gaddafi power and influence were more liked in the poorer areas of Libya.

Tripoli is the capital; and had the most money and resources.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
From what I read, it seemed that the poorer areas surrounding Tripoli were more generally supportive of Gaddafi, then the richer ones inside of Tripoli. It's sort of like how Hugo Chavez was treated. Plus you have to remember he was in power for 42 years. So eventually people do get tired. But Gaddafi power and influence were more liked in the poorer areas of Libya.

Tripoli is the capital; and had the most money and resources.

Not surprised, wasn cuba a similar situation? Where the wealthy/white cubans did not like Castro?