Can Someone Put Me on to Damien Sandow?

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
:jbhmm:

IMO this nikka is fukking trash. I keep reading all over social media/reddit/wrestling forum etc. How this dude was a remarkable talent who go shafted by management.

Now I came back to wrestling in 2014. Was their a point where this dude was putting on money matches or something? I'm totally lost on why this is a big deal.

I see people saying he's more over than Roman, getting the biggest pops on the roster, he should have gotten a big push, all this hyperbole. I'm like maybe he was dope and I missed his run.

But from what ive seen he's been the definition of Blah.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
No. He had a couple of solid matches with Cena and tagging with Cody Rhodes, but otherwise he was completely unremarkable in the ring his entire run. He got support online because he said funny things and then it became apparent he was being "held down", which just a rumor of is all it takes for Reddit to believe a guy is great. He had a 9 month story line to get over, got over, but was shytty in the ring so he wasn't used. He was a comedy character his entire run.

Rout3r2035

Superstar
Daps
He made a completely DOA gimmick work and have the crowd invest in his struggles even when he was a joke.

His heel work in 2013, especially after winning MiTB was phenomenal.

More than anything, he's a tremendously gifted pro wrestler. Ability to talk, charisma in spades, ability to work as a heel or face, resonates with fans, a very solid worker. It's a damn shame they squandered him.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
He's always been pretty basic in the ring, but would add an extra something to moves to make them stand out. Had he been given an upper level run, he would seamlessly fit in with that "WWE main event style". Could've easily been in matches with Del Rio, Cena, Orton, Sheamus, etc. He's best assets were his charisma and mic skills, 2 things that the WWE completely missed the boat on.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
You just don't get it..you like in ring wrestlers. He was buried over and over again..first by Cena and then in tag teams and whatnot. When they used him as a prop to push the Miz Hollywood character, he did extra $hit and stole the show. He made it look easy but in reality, it wasn't that easy and fans were already sick of the holding cats down stuff previously with Bryan. So he got more love than expected heading into 2015. Everyone thought once they split him and Miz, that because of his reactions he would become some part of the show but they eventually took him off television and pushed Kane and Big Show and Sheamus more...guys fans are chanting "PLEASE RETIRE" and doing off the walls chants for because they are SICK of their $hit.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
He made a completely DOA gimmick work and have the crowd invest in his struggles even when he was a joke.

His heel work in 2013, especially after winning MiTB was phenomenal.

More than anything, he's a tremendously gifted pro wrestler. Ability to talk, charisma in spades, ability to work as a heel or face, resonates with fans, a very solid worker. It's a damn shame they squandered him.

"Tremendously gifted pro wrestler". :usure:

He was very, very, very average (at best) in the ring, which is why crowds never gave a shyt about him when actually wrestling. They'd be so hot for his hot tags with Miz, but die when they actually got him, because he wasn't interesting in the ring. He spent almost 10 years in the WWE system with little to show for it. They invested a ton in a guy who at best was going to be a mid card comedy guy for his entire career.

Had there never been rumors about him being in the dog house or getting buried, no one would have been stanning for him. He would have just been another guy that wrestled on Superstars and no one cared about. Dude wrestled regularly on Superstars/Main Event this whole time and people that were supposedly such huge fans of him couldn't even name one of those matches. I'm 1000% positive that if he got the push people claimed he deserved, they would have turned on him with in 2-3 months.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
^As some one who keeps up Superstars and Main Event pretty well, he did not regularly wrestle on either, whether it was Rhode Scholars, Mizdow, or whatever he was doing recently.

Rout3r2035

Superstar
Daps
"Tremendously gifted pro wrestler". :usure:

He was very, very, very average (at best) in the ring, which is why crowds never gave a shyt about him when actually wrestling. They'd be so hot for his hot tags with Miz, but die when they actually got him, because he wasn't interesting in the ring. He spent almost 10 years in the WWE system with little to show for it. They invested a ton in a guy who at best was going to be a mid card comedy guy for his entire career.

Had there never been rumors about him being in the dog house or getting buried, no one would have been stanning for him. He would have just been another guy that wrestled on Superstars and no one cared about. Dude wrestled regularly on Superstars/Main Event this whole time and people that were supposedly such huge fans of him couldn't even name one of those matches. I'm 1000% positive that if he got the push people claimed he deserved, they would have turned on him with in 2-3 months.

You can miss me with that garbage when you wouldn't dare say the same about Orton, Sheamus, or Reigns when they're FAR more average and wired in to the minimalist "WWE main eventer" style of working. It's ironic you're always bytching and complaining about psychology in wrestling being dead and you shyt on a guy like Sandow who still understood that lost art as much as anyone. Look at the match he had with Cena. He hardly got any noteworthy offense in but his mannerisms and selling and the crispness of his moves made people give a damn and get invested.

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
He was great on the mic and above average in the ring. There's no reason he couldn't be doing what Jericho is doing right now.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
The fukk? Sheamus, Orton, and Reigns are average but Sandow was great? What bizarro ass world are you living in? Sandow was good at working his characters. No one argues that. He was not a great or even good pro wrestler when it came to actually wrestling, and he wasn't charismatic enough that he could overcome that pretty fatal flaw.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The fukk? Sheamus, Orton, and Reigns are average but Sandow was great? What bizarro ass world are you living in? Sandow was good at working his characters. No one argues that. He was not a great or even good pro wrestler when it came to actually wrestling, and he wasn't charismatic enough that he could overcome that pretty fatal flaw.
Only had two long singles matches. Cena and Miz. How would you know he was anywhere near the level they are when they get 15-25 minutes matches all the time? And Sheamus and Blandy got turned on all the time..so that's a silly mindset to act like they are worth the what? 2 million a year they pay for a non draw like Blandy? Get real.

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
You just don't get it..you like in ring wrestlers. He was buried over and over again..first by Cena and then in tag teams and whatnot. When they used him as a prop to push the Miz Hollywood character, he did extra $hit and stole the show. He made it look easy but in reality, it wasn't that easy and fans were already sick of the holding cats down stuff previously with Bryan. So he got more love than expected heading into 2015. Everyone thought once they split him and Miz, that because of his reactions he would become some part of the show but they eventually took him off television and pushed Kane and Big Show and Sheamus more...guys fans are chanting "PLEASE RETIRE" and doing off the walls chants for because they are SICK of their $hit.

Quite the opposite in fact. I dont think that In Ring = Great Wrestler. I put more stock into connection with the crowd and being able to put on an engaging match. My favorite wrestler's ever Ultimate Warrior and Bret Hart. They just connected with me.

I saw the whole Mizdow thing. It was cool, they could have done more with him I do agree with that. He definitely was the prototype for being buried. He's decent. But I don't think he was "more over than Roman", "one of the biggest faces on the roster" etc. fukk out of here.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
You don't think so? you better go watch Royal Rumble 2015 again, kiddo. Roman was alright until they made him the Wrestler of the Year or whatever that bull$hit was at the Slammys 2014. Str8 up nonsense...Punk doing that podcast saying "make him look strong" and Bryan returning for the Rumble changed Roman's career with fans. Ain't been the same since. And Mizdow was definitely more over in the aftermath of all of that.