Can We Agree On A CONSENSUS Top 5 Hip-Hop Songs Of All Time?

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Due to subjectivity, of course people will never agree definitively on 5 songs.

But I would surmise that there are at least 5 classic hip hop songs that everyone would assume others might suggest when compiling this list...to where even if they didn't agree with some of the choices, they nonetheless would be compelled to say, "yeah, I can see that being top 5...". So even if YOU dont like it, you'd still hafta give in and recognize that the majority of the world loves that shyt.

I guess the main criteria, then, is popularity and longevity....was the song SO huge that even today people rock out to it? Who are the top candidates?

Ya mans @nieman suggested in the thread where the teenager with the YouTube channel gets turned onto classic hip-hop, and I agree, that "Passin Me By" by Pharcyde is a top candidate for Top 5 GOAT Hip Hop songs. Like, I don't know too many people who would DISAGREE with that, even if they didn't personally rock with it:

More candidates?:

"In Da Club" - 50 Cent (I've seen stuffy old white lawyers rock out to this, lol)

"The Message" - Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five

"Summertime" - DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince

.....who am I missing, y'all?

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ive got a GOAT folder in my phone that goes:

Juicy
Halftime
CREAM
It was a good day
Forgot about dre
Slippin
Mind playin tricks
Respiration
Where im from
Shook ones 2
Nuthin but a G thang

Addmitedly ive made it with having all my favorite rappers dropping something mixed with greatest hiphop songs to me. Only TROY is missing though

Passin me by although insanely good dont think it had the reach really, id put 93 til in front of it...

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
ive got a GOAT folder in my phone that goes:

Juicy
Halftime
CREAM
It was a good day
Forgot about dre
Slippin
Mind playin tricks
Respiration
Where im from
Shook ones 2
Nuthin but a G thang

Addmitedly ive made it with having all my favorite rappers dropping something mixed with greatest hiphop songs to me. Only TROY is missing though

Passin me by although insanely good dont think it had the reach really, id put 93 til in front of it...

Respiration :blessed: