Can we just admit that the UN has failed? Useless

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A humanitarian disaster the likes of which hasn't been seen since Bosnia or Rwanda in the 90s is happening and the world sits still.

I don't know why, but for some reason the bommbings have gotten to me this morning. Now, I admit that im not a Muslim. I'm not an Arab. And I'm not a Paleestiniannn. And yes , I know Arabs have racist tendencies. But the human part of me just cries when I hear of whole city blocks being blown away. These dudes can't even run:mjcry:

This sht is just depressing brehs. My heart goes out to these dudes. I'm just not built to watch this mess play out :mjcry:

And the world just watches. It's pathetic. The US is totally capable of limiting how their weapons are used(they are currently limiting the use of missiles and jets in Ukraine) . They could literally pull the switch tmrw. But they will not do so.

You don't respond to a warcrime by commiting a million more warcrimes. The whole concept of western liberal thought is that all these western countries are better than that. And their strategy is so hypocritical and failed that I bet you they are blowing up their own people who are held as hostages , cause they are just booombing random places indescriminately. I mean how different are they from Russians who bommbb schools and hospitals and UN facilities? :dahell:

And it's not just them. The allies of the Palestinians are themselves sitting silently despite having given these people the weapons they currently have. They added fuel to the fire and walked away. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

The whole UN is sitting on their hands while all this is happening. And keep in mind china is watching and you best believe they know they can get away with melting away Taiwanese or uijgers. Russia might as well do the same sht with what's left of Ukraine. I worry that this sets a precedent.

Last edited:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
They haven't failed and certainly aren't useless. Now if you want to argue that they have failures I would agree with that but not overall. The United States not letting China take Taiwan lol. Unfortunately the west dikk rides Israel similar to how they dikk ride Saudis so they can do whatever they want.

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
without turning into some kind of government itself, i don't think the UN is capable of preventing conflict. it just doesn't have enough power. it has value for things related to aid, development, and coordination on certain international programs. but rwanda and bosnia have shown that with the current rules of engagement, even its peacekeepers and having a presence on the ground will not prevent intentional killing of civilians and genocide.

one thing about the UN that is clearly a big problem is that the five permanent Security Council members all have vetoes. like fela kuti said “this ‘united’ nations, one veto vote is equal to 92 - or more”

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Aren't the UN supposed to be mediators for peace. I guess they're gonna take their sweet time mediating after the retaliatory death toll has tripled. Free the afro Palestinians. Get the brothers n sisters outta there so these white folks can fight

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Daps
They haven't failed and certainly aren't useless. Now if you want to argue that they have failures I would agree with that but not overall. The United States not letting China take Taiwan lol. Unfortunately the west dikk rides Israel similar to how they dikk ride Saudis so they can do whatever they want.
It's a useless organization filled with pedophiles that engage in rampant child prostitution rings wherever they are deployed. :pacspit:

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
It has always been utter useless.

When countries can assassinate UN Secretary General by shooting down his plane with zero repercussions - what do you expect? UN also caused the Rwanda genocide via western countries. Etc.

UN is basically Western & Israeli tool for the institutionalisation of white supremacy.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
It has always been utter useless.

When countries can assassinate UN Secretary General by shooting down his plane with zero repercussions - what do you expect? UN also caused the Rwanda genocide via western countries. Etc.

UN is basically Western & Israeli tool for the institutionalisation of white supremacy.
China has veto power. So China is choosing white supremacy too?

Russia and China are western tools?

Do you even know how the UN works?

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
The UN was created to cement a US-led world order after WW2.

It’s succeeded in that effort.

Perhaps it should be destroyed
:ehh:

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The UN is politicized, its completely useless for that reason. They only dictate things to poor nations in Africa.