Can we talk about why the black family is still broken? Crack happened in the 80s and its 2018 now.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
It’s more than crack. That was just a vessel to speed up the process.

Black males are more of a sexual commodity and more “desirable” to other races than Black females and Black Women are more “educated” than Black men and run households.
The fukked thing is both BM and BW brag about this without realising that the shyt is straight backwards.

The system is fundamentally fukked up and perpetuates cyclical depression, misinformation, incaceration and poverty.
Add the rise of feminism and decline of overall male influence in society into a dysfunctional race and you have a recipe for disaster.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The overall picture for Black families will never improve really.

All one can do is to try to maintain values and principles within your own family

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The black family started falling apart prior to the 80s.

White racism was stronger prior to the 60s than after, yet the black family was stronger prior to the 60s than after.

Yes. The knee jerk response of some is to use the one size fits all excuse of "white supremacy", but that's hardly the answer to the question. WS is sometimes a crutch that absolves people of personal responsibility for their actions
The real answer is ,I don't think Black people fully adapted to urban life during the Great Migration.
Also, the values are skewed now.There was always an underclass with their own behaviors and habits and there were always regular Black folks, with their own habits and behaviors .Underclass used to be the minority, now their ways of doing things has spread like a cancer and engulfed a lot of the community.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
The nuclear family dissolves when male wages fall or stagnant and female wages climb, thus making the breadwinner/homemaker dynamic less distinct.

White families are trending towards single parent homes, too, its just the Black community was hit first when manufacturing jobs went overseas plus drugs, guns, and feminism.

Throw in ineffective divorce laws and it'll take some soul searching for America to prioritize the nuclear family again.

Thethirdpew

Banned
Daps
1) Job discrimination/ low paying jobs.
2) Single parent households (you guys have no idea how much of a difference a father makes. Growing up my dad would always talk to me about random stuff such as how much money he invested google or how to change oil etc. he really helped me become the man I am today).
4) A culture that glorifies rappers and athletes.
4) No delayed gratification in low income areas.