Can you do anything with an associates degree in Computer Science

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Like get a real good job, i dont wanna go to a university and be 40 thou in debt.

Preferably being on a game development team.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
In this economy helpdesk, technical support, desktop support? Do you have experience or internships?

No, im starting college next month. By the time my 2 years is up at the CC i'll be 19 with an associates in Computer science thats the PLAN.

I want to know if i can do anything with it.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, im starting college next month. By the time my 2 years is up at the CC i'll be 19 with an associates in Computer science thats the PLAN.

I want to know if i can do anything with it.

Look for a tech support job or internship job while getting a degree or pick up some certifications.

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
You gotta have a love for programming, its tedious. I wouldnt want to do it full time.
Its hard as hell for me unless Im smoking :yeshrug: goodluck tho breh.​

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Can you do anything with an associates degree in Computer Science

Like get a real good job, i dont wanna go to a university and be 40 thou in debt.
Your options are smaller nowadays, and you would be less competitive against those with bachelor's degrees. Things went super south in the IT job market after 2001. Before 2001, people who could design web pages but had a degree in poop love would get good paying IT jobs. Hiring personnel were not technically saavy enough to know better and just had a need to fill a lot of web development jobs. It was a total joke too. Those wtih weak IT skills lost out when jobs moved overseas and the Internet-related job bubble popped.
You would be better off getting a bachelor's degree, no joke. You don't really get into the meat of computer science until your junior and senior years. The technical stuff that separates software developers from level 1 help desk personnel.

Preferably being on a game development team.
Game development isn't as exciting as you would think. And, there are only so many game development companies. If you want to apply, that's your choice. Check out current game development companies and look at what requirements they are looking for for programmers.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If your just looking to get an associates degreege and get a job. I'd say getting a couple certs. Will save you allot of time and money and you will be eligible for the same jobs. If you plan to continue school after the associates than it's worth getting

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
If your just looking to get an associates degreege and get a job. I'd say getting a couple certs. Will save you allot of time and money and you will be eligible for the same jobs. If you plan to continue school after the associates than it's worth getting

So are you saying no school is necessary for this?

How does someone go about get the certificates? Is there books I buy, a test or something?