Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
no parking = taking away peoples cars now? :rudy:

yes the ability to travel great distances independently makes cars valuable. how often do people need to travel great distances? the

snippet:

east palestine, ohio was built for cars and they voted in politicians to keep things as they are. :manny:
NJGqYmO.png

:snoop::snoop::snoop:
Carefully reread my last post.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
:snoop::snoop::snoop:
Carefully reread my last post.

i read it and it was 11:4pm when I replied. I was too tired to give a comprehensive response then but I really don't care to now. it's just conspiracy babble thats recently been going around and makes no logical sense.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
No. Take away cars, limit how far people go on their own.
Ability to independently travel great distances makes cars valuable.
Take it away, what happens to people stuck in Palestine, Ohio 'cause it's now car-free?
Hurricane season? Increased crime 'cause people packed in shoeboxes like tenement law era NY.
Close quarters make it hard to effectively quarantine. Zoning ordinances gotta get redone.
Why contract in already crowded spaces and repurpose them instead of expanding?
It's questions about this you can't answer. This ain't a good idea. Car-free living in an overpopulated area?
:francis: :mjpls:

What about civil unrest when the National Guard and police keep their cars?
You talkin' about trams and streetcars, I'm talkin' about the liberties of movement and why the privilege of driving a car make that important.
Why they makin' moves to keep people from moving around too much or too far?
All this shyt 'bout "communal" living....
herding-the-cowboy-way.gif

Take it away, what happens to people stuck in Palestine, Ohio 'cause it's now car-free?
Hurricane season? Increased crime 'cause people packed in shoeboxes like tenement law era NY.
Close quarters make it hard to effectively quarantine. Zoning ordinances gotta get redone.
It's questions about this you can't answer. This ain't a good idea. Car-free living in an overpopulated area?

You talkin' about trams and streetcars, I'm talkin' about the liberties of movement and why the privilege of driving a car make that important.

Y'all keep thinkin' the novelty ain't gone wear off. Issa trick bag.

Have you ever been out of the US?

More importantly to a place that actually has real public transportation and high walkability? I've found that the quality of life is actually higher.

The real "trickbag" is worshipping car culture. It's the shyt that is also keeping Americans fat.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
"ride slower"

:laff:

people have places to go and saying "ride slower"

to be fair, that post is 8 years old and e-bike ridership has been boom since 2020. people can travel miles without breaking a sweat if they don't want to.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies

Y'all keep thinkin' the novelty ain't gone wear off. Issa trick bag.
Nobody is trying to take the cars away, the problem is cars are a money pit and many people are getting tired of driving being the ONLY option for transportation, people just want options!

concise

Veteran
Daps
to be fair, that post is 8 years old and e-bike ridership has been boom since 2020. people can travel miles without breaking a sweat if they don't want to.

Why get an e-bike when you can use a motorcycle?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Why get an e-bike when you can use a motorcycle?

motorcycles are more costly to maintain and are subject to more licensing and regulations than bicycles. they're also more dangerous to operate.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Good for whoever prefers that type of living.

For me though, FOH. I like having a driveway, yard, and not living cramped.

:unimpressed:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Good. Walkable cities solve a variety of problems. When you shrink roads you create more space for housing. When you put more busses and trains in the city, you reduce the amount of cars on the road which makes ambulances, fire trucks, etc. Faster at responding to emergencies. When cities are more walkable, people save money on gas and air is cleaner with less exhaust blasting into the air.

The only people mad at this are people who haven't actually tried living in a city where you could just walk down to the store when you want something or get on clean and reliable public transit
nikka please