Catch a fraud charge for working while on unemployment brehs....it's me. I'm brehs.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I assumed that I didn't have report my earnings from driving for these food delivery apps while on unemployment benefits. I was dead wrong:francis:. I just found out that they flagged me for fraud and put a temporary hold on my benefits. I missed the interview to determine my eligibility late March so they rescheduling me for anytime within the next two weeks to one month. Honesty comes a long way:francis:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I filed my Grubhub and Postmates taxes from last year. I thought I was on the PUA type of unemployment where I did not have to report it.
How did they know it wasnt from jan-march/april 2020 before you got unemployment? Something not adding up

when a company like grubhub gives you a 1099 it just says total amount earned, not the dates you earned that money or am i missing something with these contracting companies?

if you got flagged for unemployment fraud its more likely you couldnt prove your former employment status to apply for employment in first place

edit: ive been a contracted self employed worker since 2013, i just checked some random 1099s I had near by from 2016-2019

none say the date range of when I got paid from that employer. It just says the total amount you got paid. So how would unemployment know you got paid by door dash/grub hub during the time period you got unemployment? Unemployment wasnt the full 12 months of last year :jbhmm: why not just say you made that money January-March :jbhmm:

I smell some bull shyt :jbhmm:

Last edited: